Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Mad Dog & the Raptor Crew  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Mad Dog & the Raptor Crew
« on: April 10, 2017, 09:19:54 AM »
serious post alert. :) Im usually subversive, and only here for the LOL's but humor me for a sec....Id like to take a moment to say thankz.

Always considered myself decent at mechanical stuff... I can figure stuff out, and fix it...But, Early Days of bein into quads.. I never really understood Carburetors. I mean, I'd taken the bowls off of lawn mowers and all that, and cleaned them and put them back in. But I didn't "really" know exactly how they worked.  Certainly didn't feel like taking one apart and "modding" it.  Yeah I said modding! :rofl: But, I remember asking a simple question, and receiving a 7 paragraph response from Mr. M.D. with how each part of the carb and what it does when. I always imagined, I was the noob that broke the camels back that day, and he snapped. LOL! At the time I remember thinking "good lord, f**ker, I just wanted to know if i can replace single carb parts should I lose them in the garage, not write my harvard thesis"   :rofl:

but over time, you know.... that $hit made sense. And...Ive fixed quite a few other problems since that time, mostly from knowledge I learned from that post, and from all you fellas chiming in on other stuff.

Specifically, Over this last winter, I rebuilt my boat carburetor, even after being told its probably a timing problem or a cylinder dropping compression(it wasn't, it was a mechanic trying to score some easy cash). It died when you throttled back, and had a dead spot from 1500-2500 where it would hunt for fuel, bouncing back and forth from idle to 1500. Well, I Found "goo" in one of the main jets. Rebuild was a pain in the ass. and cleaning the manifold surface SUCKED. Its been sitting, and Ive been stressing. LOL Because, Haven't been able to start it-cold weather. Yesterday, got it out , threw on the muffs, primed it, and that b!tch fired right up. AND, I was only slightly off on my idle settings.

Point is....before RF and RS...I NEVER EVER would have bothered with ANY of that, and probably just paid someone, and maybe been screwed over. I figure, with boat, and all the little shit I've fixed over the years, Iv'e saved at least a few grand. And even made some $ fixing other peoples junk..

so thank you, rapterdudez. have a nice day.

:conceit:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:22:21 AM by Peels »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Mad Dog & the Raptor Crew
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 09:27:54 AM »
You posted this in the wrong section..

Also.

Fuk carbs. EFI or GTFO.

Unless you have one of them 572ci jet boats. Then gtf back on in. :thumbs:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:29:27 AM by Krandall »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »
You posted this in the wrong section..

Also.

Fuk carbs. EFI or GTFO.

Unless you have one of them 572ci jet boats. Then gtf back on in. :thumbs:

what the...wrong section? Is there a boat engine section?  :confused: i was saying thanks to you guys, not asking for help. LOL actually, I would agree, and I looked into it.... Spoke with the local Boat shop... My boats an 04, i assumed it would be FI but up until very recently, I/O Boats are still mostly carbed. it is changing though.... reason being, They're simpler and cheaper to build and to work on, and cheaper to replace when the elements destroy them, which will happen. So many people leave them out in the yard... or left sitting in the water... old fuel rots the innards. also, reliability.. EFI when it dies, it generally just dies, and could strand you and even kill you. Carbs have many levels of death, and can be fixed on the fly sometimes, and you k now its coming....  :thumbs:  While theres MANY boat companies, there's only a FEW Marine engine builders. Not a whole lotta innovation. and really only two I/O engine builders, which are the meat of the entry level boat market. Mercruiser and Volvo. SO they kinda don't really need to change things  lol.  cheap and reliable wins out almost every time.. 

Outboards, though. TONS of innovation. smaller, more power, EFI. good stuff there. If we get another boat it will be Outboard, or a Yamaha Jet Boat.

anyhoo.... all that aside, Ill certainly remind myself to never be thankful for you again. gawd....  :lol: ;)

:bird:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:08:49 AM »
I'm glad we could be of assistance. The toys come and go but the knowledge and the friendships can endure.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 09:14:39 AM »
I'm glad we could be of assistance. The toys come and go but the knowledge and the friendships can endure.

see Randy? MadDog gets it.

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 04:47:05 PM »

I still think you all suck.... :conceit:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 08:03:23 AM »

I still think you all suck.... :conceit:

well to be honest, nobody ever liked you to begin with, so your opinion means squat

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 12:23:28 PM »

:humper:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 01:32:01 PM »

I remember coming in here and posting "jetting Is a mod" just to piss off MD............he caught on to me thought and just laughed it off.

fun times.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 02:12:41 PM »
shut up magz.

jetting IS a mod. instant horsepower.

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 09:19:09 AM »
I can go either way, that's like saying fixing a flat tire is a mod...........

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »

then mY truck is full f**kin custom!  :rofl: :rofl:

3 flats in a month. (old tires, truck never driven because of bike) 

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »

then mY truck is full f**kin custom!  :rofl: :rofl:

3 flats in a month. (old tires, truck never driven because of bike)

it has the famous 3 mods...........lmao