Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Lost family(kinda long read)  (Read 4585 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Lost family(kinda long read)
« on: March 09, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »
too much to put in chat. I told you guys some of this.... those shows where they reunite lost relatives... i usually am like "Whatever thats dramatized"

So last fall, mom found out she was adopted. ONLY because she randomly told my Uncle "I sent my dna kit to ancestry" My uncle, getting old and senile now(hes my favorite human being) blurts out "why would you do that, you know you were adopted, right?"

mom, shes like "uhhhhh nope"  :rofl: he couldn't(or wouldn't) tell her much) guess he kept the secret over a carton of smokes. for 70 years.

She sent her story to the show "long lost family" (you should watch this its fascinating, and hosted by the guy from "overhaulin" LOL) and they were talking to her about possibly putting her on there, but cases that are 70 years old, are WAAAAAY tough, and to not expect much. then didnt hear back.

well a while ago, she got back her results, and got a ton of partial matches. she got in contact with someone that was ONLY a 1/1000 shot of being a first cousin. she messaged her... thought nothing of it... they chatted. Not much else. Last week, she gets a message from that same lady... "so I was talking to my Mom, who reminded me her sister gave 3 kids up for adoption" I didn't know. The girl she was talking to, was, indeed her genetic first cousin! She sent her a picture of her mom. CREEPY looks just like her.

Apparently. She had been married, had two kids. Then Husband(a sailor AND from Iowa, also weird coincidences) died at Pearl Harbor. She moved to Washington to work in shipyards....and she had a little "fun" and popped out 3 more kids all 3 given up. the two living half sisters(original not adopted) live in Alberta I think. Then she Had mom in San Fran (sounds like she moved there to make for the purpose of the adoption) In montana she had another kid, and put him up as well. He died of cancer at 33, in the 1970's.  And the 1st child she had in montana, We found out last night... that mofo lives 20 minutes from us! the whole time, her half brother. 2 yrs older than her. Lived in the town she worked in, my sister lives in, dad worked in...Wife works in...we go to every day basically, for the whole 30 years since we left Cali and came here..  ::)  Grew up with adopted family...then He moved here with BNSF railroad from Montana.  (with a LOT of other folks around here I know who did that too) her other sisters have been looking for the 3 adopted kids, and had only found HIM recently!

Anyways..... Shes going to meet him for lunch today!

crazy $hit. lot of weirdness of moms family making sense all of a sudden. her sister so much older than her....  weird names on birth cert.  I just never felt right with them.. not like I knew this was the case or anything.... but my grandma was weird as ferk. Out in cali, She lived with us, we took care of her til she died-like 5 years. That whole time, she was adopted, and she Never said a word. CRAZY. My aunt, 14 years older than mom(we theorized she might actually be the mom, and hiding it, happily not the case) she was NUTS....

but I do feel good.... there's some severe batshit craziness in that adopted Cali fam. that, is NOT in my blood :rofl: COusin, shes a "lay down on the road to protest" hippie type. her sister, holed up hermit, wont talk to anyone. One brother dead of drugs. other brother in his 60's cosplays a viking, and knocked up a 22 year old girl. Other sister, drug addict, born again christian. Who, I might add,my parents let watch me after school. She made me take 2 baths a day. because "Cleanliness is next to godliness" I told my mom about that later as an adult. She flipped the ferk out doesn't talk to her now.  Now i'm super pissed, that she wasn't even "family" :rofl: grandma spanked me all the time. and she wasnt my grandma  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anyways cool things happening. small world. wish my dad was still around to see this shit. hed be packing us all up in the van and going to Montana.  :rofl:

sorry, long post.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Lost family(kinda long read)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 09:32:25 AM »
damn, peelz. I totally spaced reading this yesterday. That's freaking WILD!!! My dad and his siblings were all adopted. We only just recently found this out in the last maybe 3 years. His mom is his real mom but my grandpa was never my real grandpa.. I mean he WAS but.. you know.
It's really weird, my grandma got rid of all of the old family albums and stuff and refuses to talk about. But... I don't really get much about that family so I've never had any desire to research further. :)
Found out my last name could have been "Severson" instead of Orvis.. So I feel like they made a solid choice :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:38:01 AM »
damn, peelz. I totally spaced reading this yesterday. That's freaking WILD!!! My dad and his siblings were all adopted. We only just recently found this out in the last maybe 3 years. His mom is his real mom but my grandpa was never my real grandpa.. I mean he WAS but.. you know.
It's really weird, my grandma got rid of all of the old family albums and stuff and refuses to talk about. But... I don't really get much about that family so I've never had any desire to research further. :)
Found out my last name could have been "Severson" instead of Orvis.. So I feel like they made a solid choice :lol:

:rofl:

Mine could have been BEER! vs real name, NOT a solid choice. (Actually not, because of marriages but... lol all the same)

while we were talking about this at Christmas, Mom casually mentions "grandpa wasn't uncle Bobs dad" me... :wtf: clueless. Aidans middle name is Robert, after him...  the other 5 kids were his. but she had him before they got married, another dad.

Apparently, it was NO secret. but he refused to talk about it, lest he be considered a bastard. Strange how times have changed that....

Mom met the guy yesterday. NO denying that shit. beady eyeballs, tiny lips lol theyre both the exact same height LOL

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »
:mindblown:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:11:33 AM »

that aint all thats blown.

:conceit:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 10:18:30 AM »

like the many dudes at Iowa 80 Truck stop.

bout time you admitted it

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »

like the many dudes at Iowa 80 Truck stop.

I admire your work ethic

thanks, Hefe.  :thumbs:

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »
I have no frame of reference to conceive the whirlwind you and your family must be going through right now though it sounds like it's not necessarily a bad thing.  I hope that it brings you more answers, or at least some entertainment along the way.  I kind of feel like it's better to know than to be in the dark.

I have one living grandparent and he's been alone for about 10 years now since grandma died.  Grandma was always the talker, he was quiet and reserved but he's coming out of his shell so to speak and in the past few years I've had some of the most intriguing and informative conversations of my adult life sitting in his living room just listening.  But before that he and my other grandparents had always been more conservative and withholding about the past and I think you're right when you refer to the generation they were a part of.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 09:02:59 AM »
Got to meet my "biological uncle" For easter brunch. Cool guy. short as ferk, looks just like my mom.  creepy :rofl:

At first, I wasn't real excited about going to Montana to meet the extended biological fam. But after meeting him, it seems more "real" and I'm interested now.

He speaks gearhead too. First new car was a 66(i think)  VeeDub, traded because it was too slow, for a Dart lol

And I hear up there in Montana they're all into Sxs's and two of my uncles did hill climb bikes.

now I wanna go.  8)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 11:36:54 AM »
old topic, forgot to add to this.... Ive got to meet some of that family from Montana.... crazy how alike we all are....

Plus Mom has since found out who her biological dad was... a philandering mofo who has many other children, apparently not a good guy....

but, I look just like that mofo.   :rofl: creepy

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 10:08:00 AM »
At least you have a good excuse for your crazy family. Most of my family is crazy, either they run off with boyfriends they had during a marriage (my grandmother after my grandpa passed) or the other side is quiet about everything including a adopted daughter that is still supposed to be "biological."

And they are all my biological family. F me :rofl:

There was a big melt down a couple months ago and my wife is like WTH did I get into :lol:.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 11:14:58 AM »
At least you have a good excuse for your crazy family. Most of my family is crazy, either they run off with boyfriends they had during a marriage (my grandmother after my grandpa passed) or the other side is quiet about everything including a adopted daughter that is still supposed to be "biological."

And they are all my biological family. F me :rofl:

There was a big melt down a couple months ago and my wife is like WTH did I get into :lol:.

:rofl:

yeah it got deeper after this.. recently, on her DNA thingy, it popped up a guy from Arizona. Like a 2nd cousin.... which then popped up an unknown brother.... turns out him and his sister had two different dads, neither of them were the who raised them. they are in their 70's too. momma was a hustla.  :rofl:

this DNA game has completely ruined it for cheatin mofos forever.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

also, in that meantime, via CASUAL conversation. I found out my uncle on my dads side (his oldest brother) whom i named my oldest son after isnt even my grandpas son and the whole fam knew it, but kept that shit quiet since 1941. 

crazy how scared women were of society judgment (rightly so-people suck) 

Offline Cammy

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 11:20:30 AM »
I've been wanting to do that DNA test just cuz. But I'm starting to rethink it  ??? :lol:

Lets see if momma was true to her word....(I look just like grandpa on dads side so there is no denying it)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 11:41:30 AM »
I've been wanting to do that DNA test just cuz. But I'm starting to rethink it  ??? :lol:

Lets see if momma was true to her word....(I look just like grandpa on dads side so there is no denying it)

:rofl: :rofl:

i just dont really care...unless there's some kinda of financial benefit. dont feel like it could help.

wife got a test and did it for xmas. her moms side of the fam is all ferked up, but at least mostly out in the open. but, Her dad is a deadbeat with a whole new life after ditching her mom in the 70's. we met him through chance one day 15 yrs ago or so... huge douchebag. they look exactly alike. A delivery guy to her work knew him, and one day said " you look like my friend mark" she always knew who it was so it wasnt a surprise, so they setup a meeting.  but.... when we met him and his wife, she burned holes in us with her eyeballs. I dont think he had told her. obviously. they had two kids both ADOPTED from SOuth america somewhere. we invited him to our sons 1st birthday. nothing. havent seen him since. she trolls him on FB and its delightful. constantly posts the "share if you love your kids" type of bullshit. she screenshots it and sends it to me with like a "oh really, all your kids then?" caption.  :rofl:

Our hope with the test is, it pings on some other people in his fam that dont know about her, and drops a little stink bomb in their mess hall.  lol   :rofl:

My mom seems mad at me that I dont care... like I she jumped in the car to go meet those people in montana. i had little interest. "but they like motorcycles, youd get along great"  sends me pic of them on their bikes. you guessed it. Bandana clad squids on harleys. no thx.

GERD im a judgmental old prick. :hefe1:

Offline Cammy

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 12:05:47 PM »
I was literally LOL'ing.

I don't blame you, I'd be the same way.

Only reason I want to take one is to see if I am actually part Indian, like I was told. If that's true I better get my student loans paid off!!!! :lol: