Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Learning more about us  (Read 23418 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Learning more about us
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2017, 09:25:44 AM »
I think I have the knowledge of your personality to say.... yea you would...

when push comes to shove... you'd rise up

I'm confident, I could dump Spencer on you for a week.. with very little instruction and you'd be fine..
he wouldn't get beaten.. and he'd be happy

hey....thank you.  ;) NOW, yes. But hearing the stuff you dealt with, and the Mrs dealt with in CHILDHOOD.. and Knowing my personality of passive aggressiveness, I'm not sure I would have "risen up" THEN.. but. We'll never know. its a curiosity I have about myself. and part of my original answer to the question. I feel like I was sheltered a bit, could have used a little more BALANCE(exposure to REAL problems sooner)

again, not a complaint. its sort of like, say you have a bolt to remove, the best tool would obviously be a ratchet. But I only was given a Crescent wrench. Ill still get it, but itll be a bitch.   :rofl:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
:conceit:

Typing this before I read your guys responses. I go back and forth on this. Overall, how I was raised I feel was pretty good. My dad ruled our house with an iron fist. If we got in trouble, I FEARED going home to him. We didn't get beat or anything like that.. He just put the fear of GERD into us. :help: Overall, how I was raised definitely made me who I am today. Would I change anything? Probably the only thing I wish was different was, we're not close with my dads extended family.. When we were younger, they were all BIG drinkers and smokers. My dad wanted nothing of that and kind of kept us shielded from it(Not a bad thing, right?) Fast forward 20 years now... I have no care or interest at all in that part of the family. I know I should but.. I just don't care. Both my uncle and aunt passed away semi-recently and I didn't really show much from it. Which just feels weird. My cousins asked me if I'd carry the urn for them, I said sure but.. Just because I didn't want to say no. It just feels weird to see people have close connections to their extended families all over but I'm jsut here like :shrug: wasting my time lol.

So. Back to the question. Would I change anything? I'll go with no. My parents were hard-asses on me. Maybe ask me 20 years ago and I'd say YES I'd change how much they sucked. But... hindsight is definitely 20/20 :lol:
I think I turned out alright. I may care a bit too much for my cars. I may like things done a certain way because any other way it's done is wrong.  I may not know how to apologize after being a fuk. I may be a little un-apathetic at times because I let my ego get the best of me.. In the end, I am who I am. If you don't like it you can go on and get the fuk out. :lol:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:32:16 AM by Krandall »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2017, 09:31:02 AM »
that is actually my main bitch about today's youth...

there is no "survival mechanism", we shelter them like crazy, and they'd melt down if push come to shove..
(I don't know the solution... )
my Nephew is such a little pussy about getting hurt...
and I'm like HTFU... :lol:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2017, 09:33:47 AM »
Man.. Randy... I see no problems with what you mentioned...

you're perfect to me :hug:   :lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2017, 09:36:52 AM »
Man, I feared my dad.. I can specifically remember one instance where I was sitting at the kitchen table and he was helping me with spelling(problem 1... dad helping with homework...).
I can remember sitting at the table crying. He was yelling at me to spell a word.. I spelled it. Nope, wrong. He yells louder.. I try spelling it again.. wrong. something "clicked" and I got it right, he's just like.. "there you go" in the calmest voice ever. Just like.. DAFUQ

lolol
shit I hated when dad helped with homework :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »
man... THAT's some white people problems there!!!

we actually had a bit of a problem with dad hitting a bit too hard...
I guess that was the "good part" of him moving out
mom and dad would fight about that.. we were too young to be beaten like that
we had some bruises sometimes... not cool
one particular day I learned the meaning of the word "Interrupt" ... by the method of the back of his and in my face!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2017, 09:56:51 AM »
Man, I feared my dad.. I can specifically remember one instance where I was sitting at the kitchen table and he was helping me with spelling(problem 1... dad helping with homework...).
I can remember sitting at the table crying. He was yelling at me to spell a word.. I spelled it. Nope, wrong. He yells louder.. I try spelling it again.. wrong. something "clicked" and I got it right, he's just like.. "there you go" in the calmest voice ever. Just like.. DAFUQ

lolol
shit I hated when dad helped with homework :lol:

HOLY SHIT.

my dad was a damned math savant. thus his role in developing the touch controls on microwaves. next time you nuke something think of him. LOL but, he had ZERO patience for not learning math fast. Long division and fractions were a nightmare for me. LOL same thing. sobbing. called me a "titty baby" once.  Ill be honest here.... id give all I have to to do it again! then say thanks, Dad. You can tell by my siblings and I, he stopped caring. Pretty tough on me as the oldest. were 5  yrs apart, he was 40+ when bro was  born.  then sheltered the shit outta him, now basically helpless. Sis is in the middle. hot mess but responsible.  :rofl:

with you on your earlier post. not much interaction with extended family.... then I met my wifes fam, who are ALL Drinkers. and have serious demons. BUT they all get together, party...have a good time.. strange to me, though I have a jealousy to it.

I have one other tough but life building experience that was a lesson. My Uncle, from iowa. a poor farmer. I would love to come visit here back then, play on the farm. then one year, I was 10 or 11, they had me stay with them and work for a few weeks. baled hay. fed cattle...mowed... my hands hurt like CRAZY -he was MEAN. kept saying I had "city hands" and calling me a "city boy" honestly,  I think my dad and him orchestrated it for the lesson. it was miserable. but im glad they did it. oh they had NOTHING fun to do. no tv, no atari. nothing. LOL
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:05:37 AM by Peels »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »
man... THAT's some white people problems there!!!

hefe. that sums up how I feel about my growing up "problems" real to me. but in the grand scheme "htfu peels"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

fk, my mom was the only kid from her family that didn't farm. Her whole immediate family lives on a "country block". A square 1mile x 1mile. We and one aunt/uncle live on the west side, grandparents on the south, other aunt on the east.
I can remember growing up, we got roped into helping with all the farm shit.. You guys pick rocks?
Fk. Picking rocks sucks. summer like june/july. go out into the fields. Uncle driving the tractor pulling a hay rack.. 5 of us kids in the field looking for rocks the size of half dollars or bigger to throw on the rack..
fk.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »
been there!!!

Picked Rocks..
Picked Pickles
Picked Strawberries..

and FERK all that

my stint in Foster care was a dairy farm
up at 5am.. milk cows.. shower.. school
home at 4, homework, milk at 5pm
done by about 9 pm
dinner
shower
bed
rinse and repeat

no time for trouble if you're dead tired
weekends were even worse

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »

fk, my mom was the only kid from her family that didn't farm. Her whole immediate family lives on a "country block". A square 1mile x 1mile. We and one aunt/uncle live on the west side, grandparents on the south, other aunt on the east.
I can remember growing up, we got roped into helping with all the farm shit.. You guys pick rocks?
Fk. Picking rocks sucks. summer like june/july. go out into the fields. Uncle driving the tractor pulling a hay rack.. 5 of us kids in the field looking for rocks the size of half dollars or bigger to throw on the rack..
fk.

IId bet $ if that was done just to keep your lil asses busy, because you couldn't do real work yet.  :rofl:

see, I wonder...my dad was raised in a TINY house on a farm not far from here, shared a room with 5 kids. their life was HARD. I remember him telling me his dog got pregnant, he was 7. and his dad shot the dog in the head right in front of him.... not something they could afford. responsible, yet terrifying to me. i often wondered, most of my life, he spent trying to protect us from that. then later realizing... oops we did a lil too much protectin'. then we moved to Iowa.... and i felt a LITTLE more balance. but still..... i'm a city fuk at heart most of the time. all that time you spent picking up rocks in a field, I spent taking city buses across town, then the BART subway into san francisco to ride skateboards. or sneaking into private swimming pools.  :rofl:

I find myself questioning that "sheltering" with my older son right now. but I don't have a script to work from, because I was sheltered from it. so I worrythat he will be a "millennial" so many like to bitch about and it freaks me out.    :rofl:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2017, 10:30:10 AM »
naw... he'll be a "Gen-z"

the millennial generation will bitch about him :lol:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »
naw... he'll be a "Gen-z"

the millennial generation will bitch about him :lol:

yep...  :rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2017, 07:58:27 AM »
If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2017, 08:09:23 AM »
If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?

realistic ability: "real world"  marketable computer skills.

quality: risk taker, less passive, more direct. not "wish wash" as you so frequently like to say :lol:  :rofl:

also, want to add to earlier statement about "rock picking" I have to apologize-it seems my comment about that being just a way to keep kids from annoying parents was way off base. Nichole spent a lot of her childhood doing just that :lol: