Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Learning more about us  (Read 23395 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Learning more about us
« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2017, 11:53:10 AM »
at least they will have a safe space with puppies and shit to go and cry...

so.. there's that...

:rofl:

my kids never cry...think I need to beat them more.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2017, 11:58:42 AM »
sounds like a solid parenting plan!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2017, 12:05:08 PM »
at this very moment, what is stressing you out the most?

Man, I don't get stressed really. I think it bothers Nicole a bit too that I don't. I think she wants me to feel that way with her when she's feeling stressed out. I think for me, it's probably the cost of the bills that keep coming in for this birth. Being in the hospital almost a week and so many doctors doing shit..  Thought we'd seen the end of it. Nope. We're trying to save for a house and the dr bills keep chewing into that.
But... Is what it is. :shrug:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2017, 01:20:42 PM »
at this very moment, what is stressing you out the most?

Man, I don't get stressed really. I think it bothers Nicole a bit too that I don't. I think she wants me to feel that way with her when she's feeling stressed out. I think for me, it's probably the cost of the bills that keep coming in for this birth. Being in the hospital almost a week and so many doctors doing shit..  Thought we'd seen the end of it. Nope. We're trying to save for a house and the dr bills keep chewing into that.
But... Is what it is. :shrug:

OH man. after Colin was born-he was a C section. o_O  I THINK, even after insurance, it was still like 7 grand. which is about what the boat was. I need to ask him... "what are you doing for me?" :rofl: just the itemized stay overnight in the hospital here was 2200 then he had his SUPER High fever at 2 months. 6 days at that! :help:  :rofl:

just so you know.. it doesn't get better FYI. Aidan's braces paid off this month. 6500 bucks.

so stay positive. because....you wont have enough money for that Golfball house, and you wont have to fight over it.  :rofl:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2017, 01:55:12 PM »
:rofl: true story!!!

Spencer spent 2 weeks in the NICU

then double hernia surgery at 2 months....

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #365 on: April 17, 2017, 09:37:24 AM »
What is one of your favorite smells?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: April 17, 2017, 10:07:21 AM »
easy...

I'll name 2....

The top of my son's head....
and the top of my wife's head...

and Bacon.... that's 3... but Bacon needs to be mentioned!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #367 on: April 17, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »
easy...

I'll name 2....

The top of my son's head....
and the top of my wife's head...

and Bacon.... that's 3... but Bacon needs to be mentioned!
Nice!

For me. I love the smell of Nicole. She doesn't use hardly any perfumes or anything. Just smells good. :) (maybe that's weird lol)
And race gas.. Ohman. I love the smell of race gas.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: April 17, 2017, 01:37:17 PM »
Nope not weird at all. Same thing here, with her hair-Different Nichole though. LOL

A couple that are childhood based-There's a Eucalyptus grove you drive through to get to pismo. I get Instant feels when I smell that. Stepping out the terminal at LAX. It's a seriously unhealthy odor, but is calming to me.

2 stroke exhaust. When you roll up to the dunes... Ls SL Pismo.

Bacon was obvious.

Campfiire.

And don't judge... the inside of a Starbucks lol

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: April 17, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »
oh man, sentimental smells. There's this specific sunscreen my ex-wife and I bought when we were in Australia at this GORGEOUS beach.. I still have some of it and we use it.. Every time I smell it, insta-transport to 7 mile beach in Australia.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2017, 03:58:19 PM »
ohhhh Race fuel.... forgot that one!!!

good 2 stroke oil.... yum!!

getting off the plane (for me Vegas)... yes Peels,  I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Steak cooking.....

man.. there's just too many!

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2017, 05:37:08 PM »
Page 8 answers:

What stat would you most like to see?
-Days of life remaining.  I seem to have gone from "live only in the moment" to "ignore today and only think about tomorrow" with the occasional flutter back to impulse a few times a year.  If I had a rough idea whether I was going to hit 90 or croak of a heart attack at 48 I'd be happier.  As it stands when I go too far into the present I feel guilt about how much money that'd be when I retire and then swing too conservative and obsess over the days wasted doing nothing at all.  Work isn't helping the whole balance thing either.

At this very moment, what is stressing you the most?
-My company is likely to fold before year end if we don't get another big contract.  While that is a bit of a stress it's more about the fact that it is putting my life on hold:  Living accommodations and relationships are dependent on this and I feel like I've been in limbo for 3 years.  That's what stressing me; feeling like I'm sitting still while others live their lives.  I am not worried about the money, I have enough to bridge the gap until I find another job, I'm just trying to figure out where my life is headed.

What is one of your favorite smells?
-A hot strong cup of tea, preferably green with jasmine but chamomile will hit the spot almost as well.  Clinique Happy perfume, reminiscent of a girl I once knew and the youth I once squandered.

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #372 on: April 17, 2017, 05:43:31 PM »
Peels if you can take more positives away than negatives with coaching kids then by all means you should do it.  The sport is irrelevant because the real issue is teaching children life skills while managing the childrens' parents.  If they don't drive you away and you can spare that kind of time and patience then kudos to you for helping others in their formative years.

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #373 on: April 18, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »
Peels if you can take more positives away than negatives with coaching kids then by all means you should do it.  The sport is irrelevant because the real issue is teaching children life skills while managing the childrens' parents.  If they don't drive you away and you can spare that kind of time and patience then kudos to you for helping others in their formative years.

well said MD!
if more coaches had that attitude our kids would be much better off

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #374 on: April 18, 2017, 08:56:37 AM »

yep. thanks MD.

While i'm sure its clear I love the sport, it isn't the sole driver here. character building through challenge is. The sport though, its a "legacy" my dad left with me. I was 5, came home and said "i want to play soccer". He learned to coach, borrowing knowledge from some friends who played. the only thing he knew about soccer was they played it in Vietnam when he was there, he said they would watch them from his ship. lol

Case in point: Last weekend. Other team was short handed, so they put on a goalkeeper from the upper skill level, one of the younger kids' siblings, 2 yrs older 2 feet taller :lol: Fine. whatever, not fair, but we'll live. 2nd half, 2 more kids show up, so they have full plus a sub. But no... Older kid stays in....tied 2-2 at half. MY Kids complaining. My "motivational speech":  "yep not fair, but life rarely is, you have to play harder sometimes, when there's nothing you can do about it. let me take care of that" However, other coach.... HUGE c*nt, I mention it. "oh well we need the help" the win at all costs type...ugh they're 11 years old.

I saw a few light bulbs go off in their faces.... THEN... My boy dribbles past 3 players, and passes to a Little girl who was playing for the first time since she was 4, scored and they won. THAT is why I do it. If I can have just a tiny fraction of a dent on a kids development, and have them enjoy the sport I spent most of my life playing and following, and have even a microscopic sliver of influence on how its played in the future....I'll consider it worth it.