Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: pc3 usb help need map.  (Read 3740 times)

Offline bigj6996

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
pc3 usb help need map.
« on: October 03, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
I Have an 07 raptor 700 that has the Lexx MXe Slip-On Exhaust Pipe. Everything else is stock. I have just put the pc3 on and need the map to get it going. will not start without the map i guess. with it hooked up it just turns over. if i unplug and put back to normal starts just fine. if anyone knows of a site and has the maps please let me know thanks.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: pc3 usb help need map.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 07:18:06 AM »
For what it's worth, You do not need a fuel controller for just a slip-on and no intake. Also, if you want to make a few bucks, you could sell that slip-on and just pull the spark arrester out of the stock exhaust, there's dyno graphs to prove that a slip-on make little to no gains vs spark arrester being removed :)

I don't think you'll find a site that has only a slip-on exhaust. All of mine that I have on my site are at minimum slip-on and an intake.
May be worth looking at one of the ebay intakes. Then you could use one of the HMF slip-on maps. It won't be perfect but it'll get you close!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:54:25 AM »
For what it's worth, You do not need a fuel controller for just a slip-on and no intake. Also, if you want to make a few bucks, you could sell that slip-on and just pull the spark arrester out of the stock exhaust, there's dyno graphs to prove that a slip-on make little to no gains vs spark arrester being removed :)

I don't think you'll find a site that has only a slip-on exhaust. All of mine that I have on my site are at minimum slip-on and an intake.
May be worth looking at one of the ebay intakes. Then you could use one of the HMF slip-on maps. It won't be perfect but it'll get you close!

THIS

sparky, plastic intake, filter, pull the lid. add fuel controller, pot style. cheapest power to cost.

you don't need the PC3 for just the slip on.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:57:01 AM by Peels »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline bigj6996

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:13 AM »
lost me bro

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »
lost me bro

i lose myself sometimes.  :rofl:

I was just agreeing with Krandall. Slip on needs no fuel map. I never used a PC3 personally. I only used the dobeck style controller, where you adjust fuel delivery by turning 3-4 potentiometers, in much the same way you tune a carburetor. With that, my mods were stock exhaust, spark arrestor out. plastic intake(same dimensions as aluminum ones) with K&n filter, no lid. And i kept up with a banshee that dyno'd 53hp. for a while at least. no way after 3rd gear lol byeeeeeee  :rofl:

Now, to your issue, again, only fleeting experience with PC3.... But I don't recall your problem ever happening. Non starts, or poor running were always ground or...basically, voltage problems. I have seen a bad battery do that once.

Id like to hear if your new map solves it.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 12:51:11 PM »
Is the power commander new or used?
I'm assuming when you turn the key to the on position, you see the lights flash on the PC3?
Or did you buy it used?

To make your life easier, I'd definitely look into buying the little power adapter:
$17 + free shipping (if you're prime eligible)
https://www.amazon.com/Dynojet-USB-Battery-Power-Adaptor/dp/B002FDL3FG

11.somethin here but you probably have to pay shipping.
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Dynojet-Power-Commander-III-Usb-Repl.-USB-consumer-9V-battery-power-adapter/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7Ne_BRDRmP2ojKfzv98BEiQAPuqPyThKfpbkPoYqOHfrJMfYGAijUyA38D23FAhs9orGLigaApHR8P8HAQ

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once