Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Choose intake and EFI Controller for Dasa Dual  (Read 1392 times)

Offline ElMiguel

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
Choose intake and EFI Controller for Dasa Dual
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:43:39 AM »
Hello  :clap:
My name is Michael. I live in Russia. I love Yamaha Raptor and i love USA. USA great country. I want live in USA, but not today )

I have Yamaha Raptor 2014 SE and Dasa Dual
I want buy intake for my Raptor.
I choose between Monster Flow Monster Intake and Trinity Intake System - This is the right choice or not?
The biggest problem of choosing between EFI Controllers for my Raptor…
I choose between original Dasa Gen 3.5 EFI Controller, MSD Blaster Ignition Coil and Power Commander 5 PC5. Where can I find Dasa maps for the Power Commander 5 PC5? I need best final result of my Dasa.
Which controller is better for my Dasa Dual system? Why?
Please help me
Thanks and sorry for my bad English  :rolleyes:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Choose intake and EFI Controller for Dasa Dual
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 07:33:47 AM »
Welcome aboard Michael!!!

The Power Commander 5 and the MSD will function fairly similarly as far as fuel goes... When that day comes you want to start playing with the ignition timing, this is where the MSD will shine as it serves as a dual purpose controller (fuel and ignition). The problem with the MSD that I've seen is that the fuel maps/ignition maps seem to be far and between where as for the Power Commander they are readily available (both 3 and 5 versions.. if It's PC3, it is easily convertible to be used on the 5).

Onto Intakes.

you really can't go wrong with any intake. If you're just doing the "big 3" Intake, Exhaust, and fuel controller. It depends on where you "think" you'll be going next as far as mods go.. If you go into the motor (Port/high comp piston, cam.. etc) it may be best to plan ahead and go the FCI route, as that seems to have the most flow right now. If you don't plan on going in, you cant really go wrong with any of the options you listed. Monster, Trinity, or Pro-Design.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once