Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Raptor 700 help  (Read 3298 times)

Offline ajacobs828

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Raptor 700 help
« on: October 14, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »

Hi guys im new to this and the Raptor 700 still figuring things out. I have a 2014 Raptor 700r with barker duals and a PCIII that i bought used. Dont really know how to operate that either but the map that is programed on it now seems to give me alot of power, more than before atleast i just plugged and played. one thing i have noticed it that my bike has started sputtering not bad jus like a slit cut out(i call it a bubble) like when im wheeling wen i get to the top of 3rd and 4th it sputters an wen i come  out the gas its goes right back to normal but its enough to notice an i dnt like that my bikes so new an has such a flaw. any suggestions and does anyone have a map that would suit me?? plan on adding a 15tooth on front an intake run an race more on Highway and straight dirt roads, an few tight trails. help would be appreciated

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: Raptor 700 help
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:40:37 PM »
Check here, there are some maps for Barker Duals

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »
Like peelz said. Go to that link above and try a new map.. It may also be worth doing a plug chop. This will at least give you an idea of where your quad is as far as tune (rich/lean).

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 09:21:43 AM »
Like peelz said. Go to that link above and try a new map.. It may also be worth doing a plug chop. This will at least give you an idea of where your quad is as far as tune (rich/lean).

MD said it not me!  :lol: In the other thread, i did say limiter. Any chance you've flipped it and smashed it on the bars? (i always ask this)

+1 on the plug. check/clean. wires too.

do you have alot of hours? no warranty?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »

Hi guys im new to this and the Raptor 700 still figuring things out. I have a 2014 Raptor 700r with barker duals and a PCIII that i bought used. Dont really know how to operate that either but the map that is programed on it now seems to give me alot of power, more than before atleast i just plugged and played. one thing i have noticed it that my bike has started sputtering not bad jus like a slit cut out(i call it a bubble) like when im wheeling wen i get to the top of 3rd and 4th it sputters an wen i come  out the gas its goes right back to normal but its enough to notice an i dnt like that my bikes so new an has such a flaw. any suggestions and does anyone have a map that would suit me?? plan on adding a 15tooth on front an intake run an race more on Highway and straight dirt roads, an few tight trails. help would be appreciated

My guess is that the map you are running is for a full 3 mod, wheras you are only 2. I believe you are probably very rich on top end becuaser the map is designed for more airflow than your stock intake can handle.

The lack of an intake is a MAJOR difference. If i were you, i'd spend the ~$100.00 for a prodesign intake and K&N, and the map will be real close. There maybe a map for only the barker's out there, but I haven't seen one.

VR

Aaron

Offline ajacobs828

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »
Thanks guys its a brand new bike got warrenty. but i went an got another spark plug bc i believe that may be my problem because it did not start acting this way until i started messing with the fuel adjustments on the face of the programmer. i plan to set them all to zero and  set the fuel one setting at a time from LOW, MID, High and change the spark plug, i ordered a 15tooth front sprocket and a velocity intake the sprocket is in but idk if the intake will b here by weekend an we have planned to go riden sat. think the readjustment to the programmer, and the 15tooth front will b ok this weekend if the intake doesnt come in?

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 12:49:43 PM »
Question..
Why are you trying to manually modify the maps. Its MUUUUCH easier to download a new map and just upload it.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline ajacobs828

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »
I understand its easier but i dont have a computer or time as of right now im a full time student and work 40+ hours at a plant i have 2 days on the weekend to mod an ride it so i plan on just taking it to a local place an have it tuned and mapped to what best fits my mods. just wanted to get it somewhat decent to ride this weekend  just recently done these mods in the past week just wondering if it will b ok to improvise for the ride this weekend.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »
well, you're more than likely running in a very lean state right now. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 09:29:25 AM »
where are you at? any good dyno guys nearby? money well spent if you have a pc3....
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"