Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Jetting Help  (Read 5537 times)

Offline BrokenRider

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Jetting Help
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »
Hey all Im new to the forum so Howdy!!  :clap:
I know there is a few post in here about jetting but they are old so I thought I would throw it out there and ask. I have a 05 Raptor 350 I just put a header and Q4 pipe with a mod pro K&N air filter trying to get some more speed outa it . I had the main jet changed to a 150 they didn't have a 155 at the shop and moved the clip down one. the problem is that it don't really seem to have that much more power hardly noticeable..... do the other jets need changing too?  I live in the Northwest Washington on the coast. Please help! I had a guy at a little shop do the jetting. I got scared I didn't wanna screw up my ride summers comin and there is alota trails to ride. I also replaced the clutch last summer and widened the rear axle and put 20s on the back Razor Maxxis 2s (Not that impressed) I dig in and cant seem to climb alota the hills my buddies do but they are riding 450s and using Mud Sharks. But help on the jetting would be Awesome! Sorry sometimes I ramble. Hope I have given enough info about my Quad.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Jetting Help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:32:30 AM »
not sure youd notice "more power" with a 350 and just those mods.  but youll notice where inside the rpm ranges that power lies... should be a little lower range oomph, and raise the top end a little. we're talking 24 vs 20 hp here....   ;) but, I bet it sounds WAY cooler. 8)

if it doesnt bog  or hesitate, and your plug looks ok... you should be fine. I don't think any more jetting is going to change much. I would expect 1-2 sizes over stock maybe...and maybe change the pilot up 1 size.... jetting doesn't really add power. unless you make MAJOR changes to the motor.

what is stock jet? and...are you running with no lid?

razr 2's have a lot of grip, maybe too much tire for a 350, might be stealing all your torque :lol:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline BrokenRider

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »
Well shucks! The stock is a 142.5. I am leaving the box lid on for now. I had read some people noticed a big difference. It dose seem to have a little difference in low to mid I guess I just expected more . LOL... Thanks a lot for the quick response! I guess there is not a lot of replacement for displacement! Need in a bigger beast!   ::)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »
Well shucks! The stock is a 142.5. I am leaving the box lid on for now. I had read some people noticed a big difference. It dose seem to have a little difference in low to mid I guess I just expected more . LOL... Thanks a lot for the quick response! I guess there is not a lot of replacement for displacement! Need in a bigger beast!   ::)

I think you should try taking the lid off, just make sure you cover the filter with an outerwear.

you should notice something. not necessarily "power" but you should feel some  responsiveness.

+1 on the displacement... doesnt matter how fast you move the air...if youre still cramming into a tiny hole :lol:

I know that doing the same sort of mods to a 660, then removing the lid...its a serious change. I remember it vividly.

good luck.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
personally was never a fan of those razr 2 tires. SUPER hard rubber compound. They last forever but the grip is very MEH at best.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline BrokenRider

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »
Heading out riding with friends this weekend will try it without the airbox lid. Thanks a lot guys!! Went to the Motoshop Today they got the bigger jet not sure if I will try to put it in yet though. I will just go with the no lid idea first. Just depressing putin so much $$$ into it for not much of a diff.  :(  I got the outerwear on it Thanks. It is still a good little beast been reliable for me never left me stranded!! I reckon that is alota what counts. I do like the sound a lot better now too. I had no spark arrester in my old muffler was that way when I bought it.  Again thanks for the suggestions and Knowledge I know just enough to make it so it wont run if I tinker to much.  :thumbs:

Offline BrokenRider

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 11:54:34 PM »
 :clap: Hey guys thanks for the Info! went ridin with the buds quad is running good! decided to ride with air box lid off Man it sounds Burly without it! Figure I will just cut a big hole in the lid and tape it up if needed for real wet conditions. It is more responsive when I hit the throttle! Again thanks for the quick responses!!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 07:31:15 AM »
good to hear mano!!! :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:55 AM »
:clap: Hey guys thanks for the Info! went ridin with the buds quad is running good! decided to ride with air box lid off Man it sounds Burly without it! Figure I will just cut a big hole in the lid and tape it up if needed for real wet conditions. It is more responsive when I hit the throttle! Again thanks for the quick responses!!

:thumbs:

this post makes me miss my 660. I remember the day I pulled the lid off that thing and slapped the exhaust on it...whole new machine!

+1 on the sound...nice "growl" when you pin it. 8)