Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Help me get back up to speed  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Headrope

• Street Cred: 2
  • All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy
Help me get back up to speed
« on: January 21, 2013, 11:27:38 PM »
There was a time when I lived on this site. Life, work, etc. took it's toll and though I still ride, I fell off the face of the site. Please help me get back up to speed.

I have an '06 700 SE with a stock suspension that I have always been too heavy for. I want to set it up for a 265-pound rider so need beefier shock springs. So two questions: Where should I go to order a rear spring? What are the options nowadays for the front pogos?

Please and thanks.

p.s.: Here's a pic of me goofing off last August at Coos Bay. Before you laugh too hard, realize I weighed 280 pounds then. That's some decent air for a fatty on a suspension designed for someone under 200.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: Help me get back up to speed
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
There was a time when I lived on this site. Life, work, etc. took it's toll and though I still ride, I fell off the face of the site. Please help me get back up to speed.

I have an '06 700 SE with a stock suspension that I have always been too heavy for. I want to set it up for a 265-pound rider so need beefier shock springs. So two questions: Where should I go to order a rear spring? What are the options nowadays for the front pogos?

IMO the stock front pogos arent worth doing anything too. You'd be best off buying a set of used piggy back shocks from a 07+ SE to go the cheapest route. If it were me I'd hunt the forums for a set of used elka's or alike. If I remember right a set of springs front and back run right around 300 bucks. So by the time you buy a set of SE shocks then buy a spring kit your right up there with the cost of new elkas.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
stick around headrope!!! were still as dumb and useless as ever!!!

slap a steering stabilizer on it, i noticed that helping with fatigue
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:12:51 PM »
oh yeah I wouldnt worry about front. but could respring the back... I weighed 210, and mine seemed megasoft...
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Headrope

• Street Cred: 2
  • All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 12:35:34 PM »

IMO the stock front pogos arent worth doing anything too. You'd be best off buying a set of used piggy back shocks from a 07+ SE to go the cheapest route. If it were me I'd hunt the forums for a set of used elka's or alike. If I remember right a set of springs front and back run right around 300 bucks. So by the time you buy a set of SE shocks then buy a spring kit your right up there with the cost of new elkas.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks :thumbs:
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips