Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Pacific Barbarian new member.  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Pacific Barbarian

• Street Cred: 0
Pacific Barbarian new member.
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:24:03 AM »
I would hereby just like to introduce myself. Found this forum recently, not sure what took me so long???

Anyway, I have a 2009 Raptor 700, live in the Kalahari Desert in South Africa. My bike is a normal trail bike, cause that is what I normally ride, occasionally dunes.

Few pictures of my bike.

This is where I ride mostly.

I am looking forward to contribute here and also learn more. One reason I am here, love Raptors!  :thumbs:

2009 Raptor 700
PC5 with Timing and Autotune, Pro-Design Foam, DMC Force 4, Hotcam Stage 2, Custom Axis Shocks, Houser A-arms, Lonestar Swingarm, Hipertech 3, Maxxis Razr2, Precision Pro, Flexx Bars, GYTR Skids and Nerfs, Pro Armour Bumper, PRM Grab Bar, Tusk Hubs, Rotors, Brakelines, Rukind Eyes.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: Pacific Barbarian new member.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »
Very very nice lookin trail bike! I liked how suspension was atop of your mod list!  :thumbs:

I'm gonna toss out some advice on your bike that you may want to keep an eye on. You may already know, but I'm just sayin.

I've owned those G-Force hubs and they are GREAT for the money, but they will bend a OEM axle. Maybe not now, maybe not tommorrow, but sooner or later it will. I've had good luck with the G-Force axle BTW.

Rox raisers and a OEM stem is also something to keep an eye on. I had that same setup for a while and on the first roll the stem got bent pretty good. I noticed you like the forward placement of the raisers. Hermann and Houser both offer a +1" forward stem. I have a +1 forward and +2 up hermann stem and love it.

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline MORAPTOR700

• Beauti and the Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
Nice looking quad you have there. Where abouts you located from Cape Town, thats where my boss is from.  :)
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
Dang, that's a clean bike!!!!!!!

anything done internal motor wise or stock?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 07:40:49 AM »
Thank you guys very much for the nice compliments and excellent adice. I really appreciate it and am in no way offended by the suggestions. All valid points.

I shall respond to all three replies prior to this post.

@ Krandall. I only have a Stage 2 Hotcam in. But I am in the process of ordering parts for some extra mods. Going to have cylinder head portwork done by Freez (some might know him from quad forums). Going for +2 Valves, +3 Throttle Body, Hotcam Stage 3, and some of Freez's secret timing curves :batman:

@ Moraptor700. I used to live in Cape Town, basically grew up there and went to school. Now I live 900 kilometers north of Cape Town, in a small town in the Kalahari Desert. Escaped escalating crime  ;)

@ Preddy08. Thanks for the heads up on the hubs. I have read about that issue. But like you said, great price to widen the rear. Gotto admit, I have given it some punishment, but not enough to tell! So when it does bend the day, out will come the stock axle, in will go RPM Dominator II.

@ Preddy08. The stock stem and rox risers are a bit of an issue for me as well. Everyday I look on ebay at an aftermarket replacement. I really like the ASR (American Star Racing) steering stems. They make good products, got a set of ASR a-arms on my wifes Raptor 350. But I am not sure how the lengths work. I want my handlebar setup to be one inch higher than what it is now. I want to toss the rox risers. They are 2". So what setup do I get to give me one inch higher than what I have now? With steering stems, do they come same length as OEM? And to increase height you have to request 3" antivibe risers? So what I want is an aftermarket stem with antivbe clamp, and the total height must be 1 inch higher than my current set up with stock stem, 2" rox risers and flexx bars. I am not sure what length aftermarket steering stem and antivibe risers to order to give me a setup 1" higher than my current setup. Advice shall be appreciated greatly.

2009 Raptor 700
PC5 with Timing and Autotune, Pro-Design Foam, DMC Force 4, Hotcam Stage 2, Custom Axis Shocks, Houser A-arms, Lonestar Swingarm, Hipertech 3, Maxxis Razr2, Precision Pro, Flexx Bars, GYTR Skids and Nerfs, Pro Armour Bumper, PRM Grab Bar, Tusk Hubs, Rotors, Brakelines, Rukind Eyes.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
all the cool riding spots are in different countries  :(

:lol:

welcome aboard!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »
Thanks for the welcome wishes Peels.

I feel the same way about riding spots! Looks like you guys got the best!  :lol:

That saying about the green grass? ???
2009 Raptor 700

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 03:50:11 PM »
Thanks for the welcome wishes Peels.

I feel the same way about riding spots! Looks like you guys got the best!  :lol:

That saying about the green grass? ???

whats that? its always greenest right above the septic tank (sewer)? LOL!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 08:37:05 AM »
Iowa is America's sewer!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »
Iowa is America's sewer!

:rofl:

theres my pleasant thought for the day  :rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:56:23 AM »
Iowa is America's sewer!

Hey peels.. Sh*t runs down hill.. You be stomin in meh sh*t.

I had chipotle sunday... it should be reaching you some time today.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »
Iowa is America's sewer!

Hey peels.. Sh*t runs down hill.. You be stomin in meh sh*t.

I had chipotle sunday... it should be reaching you some time today.

so...youre livin in canadian sh*t? thanks for filtering it. :lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »
I like the hint of maple syrup smell. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 05:34:12 PM »
Phuck you guys! Eat more cheese........