Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 2011 700 parts needed along with advice  (Read 2448 times)

Offline millkiller11

• Street Cred: 0
  • PIn iT tILl yOu WReCk!!
    • Email
2011 700 parts needed along with advice
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »
im new to this siteand when i came across it i felt like i had a gold mine on my hands. i have read alot of the articles and am very impressed, you guys really know your shit. I own a 2011 700 thats red and white and have some mods done to it but no where near where i want it. it has a slip on fmf factory 4.1 titanium pipe, open air lid, bypassed 5th gear limiter and a dobeck fuel controller, also i have pro armor nerf bars, front bumper and grab bar are pro armor as well. I have a prm skid plate widen 4 inches withe the shitty cheap spacers just in the back and handguards and little stuff. it runs pretty good but this winter i want to make it my project and come out with a screaming machine in the spring on a budget. i was thinking for the winter of getting stage two hot cam, air filter and outterwear along with maybe a port and polish and bump up the injector to a 550cc? im open for any suggestions or good deal on any used parts for sale like wheels and such. i want a whole new quad in the spring new plastics, bars, wheels and clean healthy screaming motor. i do NEED a few parts though i would like to try and find a decent deal on and thats a rear axle (bent before the shitty 20 dollars spacers did) and an extra set of all black or all white plastics and flex bars, also a head pipe too. thanks guys let me know what you have in mind

Offline millkiller11

• Email
Re: 2011 700 parts needed along with advice
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »
also i found a big bore kit to a 727 on ebay for around 500 bucks is it worth it to buy that or is it just ebay junk i should aviod?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:28:41 AM »
#1 lol the spacers didnt bend, I used them a few times too....but always nervous.

I certainly  hope you've replaced the POS stock air filter... do that plus the head pipe (or lose that FMF altogether) hotcam stage 2 or 3... which is cheap and easy.... youll  feel it. After that, nothing is "budget" :lol:

THEN....Add a high compression piston,  bore kit, bore out the throttle body, port the head.... if you do that much, it can be worth it to replace that dobeck with a PC3 and a good map. Alot of those mods arent even worth doing, unless you do the others with them....

no need to touch the injector until you get waaay out there...with giant piston....ported head and all that....
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »
Best place to start out is.. what's your budget?

From there, you then build what parts you can get with what you have to spend :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline millkiller11

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
First off yes the shitty spacers outlasted the stock axle haha, and as far as the budget goes I'm not rich by no means I can throw 2-3 hundred bucks maybe more if I push it each pay which is every other week but I have other bills and obligations which I'm sure just like most and no as stupid as it makes me look I still have stock filter on for now I would like to stick with the fmf set up and buy the head pipe, and what is your guys opinion on that 727 big bore kit it's just eBay but its about 500 and I wanted to look into it along with the cam and other I mention

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
First off yes the shitty spacers outlasted the stock axle haha, and as far as the budget goes I'm not rich by no means I can throw 2-3 hundred bucks maybe more if I push it each pay which is every other week but I have other bills and obligations which I'm sure just like most and no as stupid as it makes me look I still have stock filter on for now I would like to stick with the fmf set up and buy the head pipe, and what is your guys opinion on that 727 big bore kit it's just eBay but its about 500 and I wanted to look into it along with the cam and other I mention

Cost wise....I wouldn't bother with the big bore kit until you have a GOOD big 3. full exhaust, intake and filter, fuel controller. And maybe a cam. DOllar for dollar, adding the bore wont give you as much gain as letting the thing breathe. Then add the bore, and YOU WILL NOTICE :)

stock bore, with higher compression is good too.

question:

where are you from?

lack of punctuation makes me think canada...and makes it hard to read posts.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 09:48:07 AM »

I'd say stick with the stock bore. You can do a solid budget build here pretty easily.

CP 11:1 (really 11.25:1) piston Then you can still run pump gas. (unless you like race gas :) )
Hot Cam Stage 2. (Then you don't have to upgrade your valve springs)

GET RID OF THAT STOCK INTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're looking for dolla to powa.. You'll want to sell that FMF and look into a more notable full exhaust.. Even if not duals. Look into this: http://www.atvrideronline.com/features/100_0603_2006_yamaha_raptor_700r_atv_exhaust_pipes/index.html

if you decide to keep the fmf... you need to get a full.. slipons for the raptor really dont get much benefit over pulling the spark arrestor out.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
just change the piston, ask arround and see what the max compression you can run is, i actually run pretty close to 13:1 on 91 octane without problems at my elevation.  This is the only mod you can do without adding a fuel controller.  A piston will give you a HUGE gain in performance.  The next step after that,  if you want more power, is to watch the forums for a good deal on a fuel controller, the pc3 and pc5 come to mind as a good solid controller.  After you get the fuel controller, the possibilities are endless, but you cant do any mods (beside the piston) until you have one.  Following this step will keep your budget in mind, and build a good foundation for any future mod.  I know you are wondering if just the fuel controller alone will add any power by itself, and the answer is:  none that you will ever notice.

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline millkiller11

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »
sounds good thanks you guys alot , ill keep you posted on the build you guys are a great help. Also i am from pennsylvania sorry haha, just poor grammer and always in a hurry.