Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Single Carb 660/686 setups, Questions and Ideas  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Firemann32

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
    • Email
Single Carb 660/686 setups, Questions and Ideas
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:48:20 PM »
So I've been really thinking about how nice a single carb setup would be for tuning and ease of use.

I've seen the 48HSR write up on here and Modded Raptor but I had another thought.

What about a 46mm Mikuni Super BN Series Carburetor like they use on Yamaha and Seadoo watercraft?

It has a built in fuel pump so no floats to mess with and the faster you go the more fuel is pumped.

I haven't messed with any of them in awhile so I don't recall how to change the jetting, I'm sure there is a way but I don't recall how.

Also not sure where or how to hook up the vacumn line that runs the pump.

My biggest problem with trying something is I don't have access to or the ability to make a intake.  Does anyone have any ideas on where to get one or who can build one for me cheap.  Even if I can borrow one to take to a machine shop.

Let me know what you guys think, good and bad.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Single Carb 660/686 setups, Questions and Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:21:54 AM »
I don't know that Ive ever seen one....I think it would be a good sized hassle to get to run right... if you had easy access to a dyno, i think it might be cool, otherwise, it would be a constant head scratcher.

I know alot of folks say the dual carbs are a pain, but I always liked them...

If I were to do it though, Id go with the mikuni... so much easier to use/tune/repair.

Did see them on banshees...helped my friend put one on. he HATED it, and went back to stock the next day :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:29:37 AM »
plus.. Mikuni parts are EVERYWHERE!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »
Many have taken the edelbrock intake manifold and modified it to work.  That's what the fellas were using back in the day when the Lectron singles were popular.  Packard used to work with those single lectron setups and may have some insight or even some parts available, might want to call though since their website hasn't been updated in 5 years.

http://www.packardracing.com/

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 03:25:32 AM »
I love my FCR's, easy to set up once you know how (pm me for a manual) & 76hp can't be wrong!
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.