Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Got my new truck!!!!!  (Read 3313 times)

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
Got my new truck!!!!!
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:16:57 PM »
Yesterday got my new 2012 Volkswagen Amarok Biturbo diesel. You don't get it at the states and it's a shame because it's beautiful, larger than the Hilux (so you get a size comparison). Some of the specs are:
- 2.0 TDI biturbo 180hp and 300 ft-lb torque
- 28 mi/gal city and 34 mi/gal highway (you can get up to 600 miles per tank)
- 20 gal tank
- ABS, hill climb assist, downhill offroad assist, offrad ABS assist
- 1.25 ton capacity
- 6 speed gearbox
- Heated wipers and rearview mirrors
- dual zone climatronic A/C

Anyhoo, here are the pics  :clap: :clap: :clap:
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: Got my new truck!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »
That is really cool!

I sure wish we could get some smaller diesel vehicles in the states!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 06:37:24 PM »
you sir are a lucky bastard, im am Soooooooooooooo jealous, seriously jealous
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »
awesome

I wish they'd bring the crossover utes over here!!!!

Holden's are freakin sweet.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline funyun

• Jew
  • Funyun Yellow
  • Street Cred: -1337
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »
Thats pretty badass, would be cool to have a smaller diesel pick up. What size is that bed it looks a little short, have you tried loading the raptor in there yet

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Thanks guys, really happy with it, not as small as it looks, about the size od the Titan is my guess. Funners, the bed is 61in long, 63in wide and 20in tall so with tailgate down it is about 81 in long so plenty of room.
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:09:30 AM »
awesome!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »
any idea what they did to get the power to 180hp and 300lb tq?thats quite a bit more than a stock tdi
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 12:40:55 PM »
Kami, it's a bi-turbo, they are in line with an intercooler. The 2011 model had the exact same engine and it has 163hp, just remapping they got it up to 180hp. Bvr a Uk based performance shop can get it up to 200hp eith remapping!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »
awesome

I wish they'd bring the crossover utes over here!!!!

Holden's are freakin sweet.

+1 all we get are giant trucks or tiny worthless ones :lol: (like mine) A little more options in the middle would be nice.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
Thats awesome!

But I've heard Toyota and Dodge will be putting a Cummins in the half tons. But they lie.

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »
Kami, it's a bi-turbo, they are in line with an intercooler. The 2011 model had the exact same engine and it has 163hp, just remapping they got it up to 180hp. Bvr a Uk based performance shop can get it up to 200hp eith remapping!

thats interesting there, i wonder if i could bolt that turbo setup into a jetta ???  there is a company called malonetuning.com that i deal with.  If you have the vagcom you can log a few details for them and they can build you a custom map for your engine.  They have a somewhat generic tune that works well, but nothing beats a custom tune.  If you wonder about thier credentials, the helped top gear USA get 84mpg out of an old 70s diesel rabit ;)  http://www.motoiq.com/projects/volkswagen/project_sipster.aspx
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:39:20 PM by kamakazi »

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 04:41:28 PM »
Well my truck has been great so far, loving everything about it and the best part is I'm getting around 27 miles per gallon in the city!!  :clap: