Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 660 raptor problem please help  (Read 5633 times)

Offline aaron

• Street Cred: -1
    • Email
Re: 660 raptor problem please help
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 10:25:18 PM »
ive tryd new plug wire already.wen i do a compression test it reads 120 but give it some throttle and will read 180 pis is that normal?

Offline als660r

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 07:19:58 AM »
yes   comp test should be done with throttle wide open to let air in the engine.

Offline aaron

• Email
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
thats what i figured..if it had a burnt valve it would have low compression right?,only thing i havnt really tryed yet with the carb is measuring the fuel level in the bowl not too sure on how to do that but wen go to drain the carbs it doese have quite a bit in them.i did try a other cdi that i had but it had started smokin and then lil pop and put hole out back of it didnt even have the key turned on or nothing was in a other bike that had put out spark but didnt have it runnin were bike was blown and didnt blow the cdi unit like it did wen i pluged it in to the bike i have now,wen it blew the other cdi i had put my other one the one that came with the bike i have now back on and didnt seem to blow it up like it did to the other one,not too sure what would have happend there,dont wanna buy a new cdi unit and plug it in and it fry it like the last one if i do end buyin a new one to see if thats what it is,ive tryed for hours adjusting the carbs and it seems to run best at about 5 turns each or so,all stock jets and have the needle set at third clip.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 08:18:49 AM »
I've seen the carb diaphrams rip and cause chaos, might want to look at those quick?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 08:24:57 AM »
fairly certain you don't have a burnt valve. your problems would be worse...

+1 on checking the bowls. THat was my first thought, since you just rebuilt the carb.

Reason I say that: I had the 660 float get stuck up , and once down...fuel dripping out the side...easy thing to check.

New CDI was "smoking"? that sounds bad. May have stator problems.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline aaron

• Email
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 08:50:14 AM »
ive tryed different diaghrams thinking that that may be it as well but no differnce and as well it charges the batt fine and ive tryed a different stator as well,
how do you check the fuel level in the carbs?

Offline aaron

• Email
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 09:05:26 AM »
went and worked on the bike installed new ring and had cleaned the valves put back togethor.
timing chain had droped down so had to pull the wheel and line the dot on cog that the chain sits on to the the arrow on the casing
put back togethor and timed the cam,adjusted the valves and now is not starting will only start for a quick second then die seems like it is back firing out of carb

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
ouch.

that sounds like bad timing
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline aaron

• Email
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »
yeh wen timing it just tdc and then allighn the cam up for timing right? if so it is timed right any sugestions?

Offline aaron

• Email
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
checked the timing multiple times and seems to be timed but still not starting up i have no idea on wut it could be,
started right before i took it aprt to put new rings in it and clean the valves up.