Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Oil pump failure  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Greenblood

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Oil pump failure
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
I recently added a jet kit to my 05 660.  I did not turn the gas off after my last use and gas filled up the crank case and oil reserve.  I drain everything and replaced oil.  Upon restart my clutch failed and I believe the oil pump isnt working.  Anyone have direction as to what may have happened and what most likely is needed to make it right?
Thanks for your input.

Offline phucker

• Phrankenstein
  • VIP -
  • Street Cred: 7
    • Email
Re: Oil pump failure
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:06:16 PM »
have you checked to see if there is oil pumping? and what do you mean your clutch failed, like how did it fail?

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: Oil pump failure
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 05:16:36 PM »
if you didn't flush the system multiple times you likely didn't get the gas out of it.

pop the spark plug out and remove the banjo bolt from the top of the oil line feeding the head.  if you can turn the engine over and get flow out of that oil line your pump is working.  You oil pump runs off a gear on the clutch, it's possible that they are bound up, that one or more of the gears is stripped, or that they are interconnected in some other way.

While you're at it adjust your floats and replace your leaky needle valves that caused the leak in the first place.