Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Sticking Throttle  (Read 2656 times)

Offline PROXT

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Sticking Throttle
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:18:39 AM »
I just went to do some things on my raptor 700 for racing which starts next week. I pushed the throttle lever and noticed it was stuck wide open. Took the cover off the throttle lever on handlebars and everything was fine in there. So i thought i would have a look where the other end of the throttle connects which goes into throttle body. I took that small 3 screw cover off. Everything seemed ok. So i pushed the plate which holds cable and it unstuck. So i pressed thottle lever again on handlebars and it stuck wide open again and didnt release. I sprayed WD40 but didnt seem to do anything. So i disconnected cable from behind plate on motor. And pushed small plate and it is still sticking and not releasing. Not releasing from full throttle back to idle posistion. has anyone else had this problem before. I took small plate off that connects throttle cable and spring but everything seems ok. Well i know its nothing to do with throttle cable. Might be the spring tension gone weak but i doubt it. I did notice though while i got plate and spring off i cant turn it by hand. have to get a pair of pliers to turn it. Is this normal or should u be able to turn that butterfly easy. Any help would be much appreciated as i need it working by next weekend.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Sticking Throttle
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:24:14 AM »
odd....

so you disconnected the cable from the TB? And it is actually still hard to turn the butterfly open, has nothing to do with cable?

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »
Check the cable itself, make sure there's no kinks and it's not wrapped around anything.

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:59:53 AM »
Like Aaron said, check the cable it might be flared somewhere on the inside. But yes it takes quite a bit of muscle to turn the plate on the TB by hand due to the spring.

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:21:13 AM »
Last time I had my gas tank & throttle cable off it would high idle rev when I turned right due to improper throttle cable routing when I put if back together.  Like the others said check your cable for binding.

Offline PROXT

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »
It has nothing to do with a throttle cable as i have this disconnected. The plate is still sticking when u push it round with a screwdriver when its full on. Must be the throttle blade in throttle body thats sticking.

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:21:19 AM »
carb cleaner  ???

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email