Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: New guy here  (Read 1734 times)

Offline jeffeastwood

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
New guy here
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »
i just got done rebuilding my carbs on my 2003 660 put it all back together then tried to start it frist time it back fired and and tryied to get it going to 10 mins for it just not firing up for some reason it tries to go but dont if that make sense to any of you some please tell me what about doing wrong  :mad: :mad:
Hardlandings.org

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: New guy here
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 09:15:18 PM »
backfiring when you give it gas? or just idling? backfiring means timing usually. did you have your parking brake on?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline jeffeastwood

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »
it was when it first started what never heard anything about a parking brake on for real
Hardlandings.org

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:48 AM »
parking brake sensor on 660 is notorious for shorting. It activates the rev limiter when on. In my case on my old 660, it was because I crashed and rolled onto the bars, and cracked it. can't rev the bike.

easiest thing, I always mention it :)

did you change anything when you cleaned the carb? IE: airbox lid off, new jets......anything different?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline jeffeastwood

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 09:28:41 AM »
yea i replace everything in it but i thought everything was the same but friend called me last night i told me things are different like the jets and things like that so going to tear it apart again and make sure i put everything in the right place wow maybe i should of let a pro do it not a first timer lol  :mad: :mad:
Hardlandings.org

Offline jeffeastwood

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 06:04:03 PM »
Wow pulled the plug out of it tonight and damn that plug is all messed up does anyone know what the gap is on a 660 2003 got noew plug and its gap at 35 right now didnt know for sure if that is right or not
Hardlandings.org