Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: my little problem  (Read 2052 times)

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
my little problem
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »
so as some of you have seen, my filter wouldnt stay in place after my last ride... well i took it out to the field yesterday to ride, it started up fine at first, a little popping, i figured id let it warm up a bit... well i couldnt start it back up, thought i fouled a plug, nope it was perfect. then we thought maybe it wasnt getting spark, sure enough, it was. so we took it back to the house, took out the air box and had a look see inside the carb. at first we thought the butterfly thing was missing, but its in the back of the carb so we couldnt see it anyway. then we noticed the flap at the front of the carb was sticking shut. it somehow got dirt in it and sealed itself shut, so we opened it up and sprayed it and now it works. has anybody ever had this happen to them? i was a little concerned for a time....

Offline RR34

• Street Cred: 1
  • this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
Re: my little problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »
i cant read that much my eyes hurt too bad from the pool but im guessing your "little" problem disappointed kyle and jester? :confused:
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 05:50:35 PM »
i cant read that much my eyes hurt too bad from the pool but im guessing your "little" problem disappointed kyle and jester? :confused:

:ot: :nun:

First and last warning.  This is a technical issue, not a BS thread.  I won't lock the thread either, I'll take action on the individuals who can't seem to follow the rules.

Aaron

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »
I think you sucked in a significant amount of dirt when your filter was falling off.  If it was me, I'd rebuild the carb to insure you get all the crap out and all the seals aren't lined with sand/dirt.

Aaron

Offline who else but rk

• Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 05:56:04 PM »
yea my filter has fallen of on my blaster and the end result was not prety
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 06:22:05 PM »

First and last warning.  This is a technical issue, not a BS thread.  I won't lock the thread either, I'll take action on the individuals who can't seem to follow the rules.

Aaron

lol its all good, i got it fixed but i just wanted to know if it had ever happened to anybody else... but we didnt take anything apart yet, i think after the ride saturday if all goes well ill tear it down and maybe clean it out real good or at least make sure nothing else is wrong.

Offline Livingmylife93

• Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:39:05 PM »

Aaron

lol its all good, i got it fixed but i just wanted to know if it had ever happened to anybody else... but we didnt take anything apart yet, i think after the ride saturday if all goes well ill tear it down and maybe clean it out real good or at least make sure nothing else is wrong.

this happened on ym old kx 125. no biggy, take the carb apart and clean it and youll be good to go  :thumbs:

Offline who else but rk

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 05:24:11 AM »
kx125  :confused:
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline Livingmylife93

• Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 07:57:53 AM »
kx125  :confused:

1985 kx 125, bored 80 over  :grin_nod:
Got it for 250, and i had it for a whole 2 weeks before i blew the shit out of it  :lol:

Offline who else but rk

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 08:19:24 AM »
gotcha. reaaal old
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP