Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Code 14 HELP!!!!  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Raptorking

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Code 14 HELP!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 05:16:57 PM »
I am not sure if this is the problem: As a part of the troubleshooting, I pulled the fuel injector out and checked to see if gas was flowing through. I applied a little compressed air and nothing passed through. Next, I connected the gas line back to it and turned the key to the on position and checked to see if the fuel pump would push gas through. (NOTHING!!!) After that test, I disconnected the fuel line again from the injector and the built up pressure in the fuel line was an indication that the injector was clogged. The gas in the tank was from last fall and my quad was in my shed.

Question 1: Could old gas be the issue with the injector?

Question 2: Does the electrical connection to the fuel injector actuate some sort of flow valve/regulator within the injector? The reason I ask is that I disconnected the harness when trying the flow test.

I ordered a new injector and will continue to troubleshoot when it arrives. I am also going to perform a compression test to make sure that the piston rings haven't failed.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Code 14 HELP!!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 05:32:55 PM »
yes crap in the gas could clog an injector. But since it died so abruptly, I would guess it would be something else...
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"