Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: blaster top end rebuild  (Read 1675 times)

Offline mrw105

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
blaster top end rebuild
« on: February 19, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »
yo guys im working on my friends blaster. im rebuilding the motor for him and it is a .50 overbore (67.25mm) and im having some difficulty getting the piston back into the cylinder. i have the new piston and rings installed. i have lubed the piston, rings, and cylinder wall with 2 stroke oil to help with installation. when i go to slide the cyl over the piston, i can get it over the first ring. once i hit the second ring i CANNOT get it to go over the second ring to save my life. ive tried multiple times with squeezing that second ring together to get it to slide over but cannot, i eventually gave up in fear of ruining the hone on the bottom of the cylinder. is there any tips or tricks that you guys know of that could help without me having to run this thing to a shop? any info would greatly be appreciated. thanks!

Offline als660r

• VIP
Re: blaster top end rebuild
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
 did you check the ring end gap?   

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 02:13:51 PM »
did you check the ring end gap?   

+1  this would be my suggestion also. I wonder if the rings are to big, sometimes the size needs to be modified to fit.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline mrw105

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 02:48:55 PM »
sorry guys i wasnt thinking i didnt have gap in right where it should be i got it all back together but cant get it running. so tonight im off to tinker with it again. but thanks for the help fellas