Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Raptor 350-- Stalling at idle??  (Read 2440 times)

Offline trpfn03

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Raptor 350-- Stalling at idle??
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:17 AM »
I have a 2005 Raptor 350---  Starts right up with choke when could but runs a bit quirky at idle with no choke---

It runs great when driving it--  just when you put it in neutral and let it idle--  after its warmed up it will run sometime for 10 minutes at idle then stall

It then starts right back up--  Before the stall--  it runs fine but every 30 seconds or so it kind of coughs and bogs a bit----  this continues until it eventually stalls--  avg time is between 1 to 5 minutes--  then again after the stall it starts right back up--  and runs great when driving it

Any thoughts would be great--  thanks for the help

Offline Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
    • Email
Re: Raptor 350-- Stalling at idle??
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:29:43 AM »
Have you adjusted your idle? I would start there, after that it sounds like an issue with the pilot jet, you may need a bigger size.

Best selection and prices on ATV/MC/UTV parts, accessories and gear! www.rockymountainatvmc.com - 1.800.336.5437
FREE 1-3 DAY SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99!* - WE STOCK WHAT WE SELL!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:04:50 AM »
are there any mods? If you have changed something, the jetting could be wrong.

1. check/clean/replace the spark plug! easy.... if it's all black and gross, slap a new one on there.

2.""""""""" same thing to air filter.

3. check your idle a/f mixture screw.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline trpfn03

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:30:55 AM »
Thanks--  I did all of the basic maintenance--  oil, filter, spark plug, air filter--  still have the stalling issue until it warms up--  then it’s all good—

Few more questions might help:

1.    Can you adjust the jets?  Or do the need to be replaced?

2.   Could this cause white smoke when you start it?  Which disappears when it warms up?

Again the bike runs great and strong--  just this stalling issue and white smoke at start up—

Thanks again-
Kevin