Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: '87 Warrior Jetting  (Read 3418 times)

Offline rupp49er

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
'87 Warrior Jetting
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:44:04 AM »
Need to rejet the Warrior, it has a Yoshimura RS4 full exhaust, Twin Air filter (stock replacement style) and the airbox lid is drilled, we ride it at 5000-8000ft in Colorado, right now I assume it has the stock jets (42.5/145), anyone have a similar set up to get me close? I thought there used to be a sticky with jetting suggestions from peoples rides but I  couldn't find it...Thanks! :batman:
'07 700r a little motor and a lot of suspension.

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: '87 Warrior Jetting
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:17:57 AM »
how does it run? did you do the mods, or did it come to you like that? If you just added the mods, I would go two full sizes (stock jets) up, if it were me.

Then once it idles ok, stab the throttle, if it pops, or hesitates, go up one on the pilot. if you get a dead spot midway through rpm, change needle position.

have a look at the spark plug of course

However, this carburetion knowledge is based on 660's and lawnmowers..350 not so much.  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline rupp49er

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: '87 Warrior Jetting
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
It was my father in laws, he put the pipe on it a few years ago in CA and it was never rejetted. We are fixing some seals and doing a tuneup this weekend, we'll probably just do a plug chop and see where it is, I was hoping to get a ballpark figure on the jets so I could pick a couple up beforehand. It runs ok, I haven't seen it since last summer, it is coming out of mothballs on Friday.
'07 700r a little motor and a lot of suspension.