Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Looking to do theentire suspension on my '07, advice needed.  (Read 6018 times)

Offline ghouck

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Looking to do theentire suspension on my '07, advice needed.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »
Call kenneth @ KBR he has a used setup for sale!

How do I do that, I'm not familiar. Thanks, Greg.

Offline txredxj

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 08:39:53 PM »
f you get the motowoz rear make sure you get the rezzy mounted up front

Do you mean a piggyback, or just mount the rez forward. I already have duals on the ride, so that will be an issue.

yeah just get a longer rezzy line so you can mount it up front.

Offline ghouck

• Email
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »
If you blow a seal

Leave my personal life out of it. . .

(yea, I know, old joke)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 08:29:26 AM »
:rofl:

ba-dum-crish!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline ghouck

• Email
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 11:57:44 PM »
I'm seriously considering the Evols and the PodiumX rear. Will the Podium x be tailor-made for my spec like they do elkas, or are they 'off the shelf' so to speak? I also see options on swingarms for with and without the link. I know what the link is, but don't know if I want to use it or not. Also, is whoever I get the rear shock from going to need to know if I use a link or not? The entire link thing confuses me. Thanks.

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 04:58:45 AM »
They will adjust it to your specs. It should work with your stock link if you specify it.

Offline ghouck

• Email
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 10:31:07 AM »
Functionally, what's the difference between using a link and not using one? Thanks.

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »
Using a link allows more travel for the swing arm to go up and down. A solid mount is more for rigidity, drag/hillshooting so you can launch harder.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »
Anytime you order a suspension they get it CLOSE to what you need. Your shocks get set in the ballpark of what you are looking for, so be specific. Race or fun, race and fun. weight (be honest fatty) and riding style (sand, trail, pavement, TT, sand and trail, pavement and TT, trail and TT...etc)

Once you receive the suspension you have to dial it in on your own time, to get it perfect, but from the factory you notice a difference right away.

FOX EVOL is a great suspension system, I have not heard of many (if any) failures. I do know that they are supposed to receive annual services like any other suspension. Other than that, they are a good product. As far as air shock failures, you will see Custom Axis leading the way. Their early model air shocks were in competition with FOX but they had many seal failures. Word is, their new air shocks are great! But Fox has the better track record. As for the Rear Podium X. It is a coil suspension, weight dependent spring with remote reservoir. You dont have to go top dollar FOX for the rear, motowoz or a re-worked stocker from WIGGStyle will do you just fine if you want to save some cash.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:50:37 PM by Alkire193 »

Offline ghouck

• Email
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »
1. I'm not fat, I'm big boned. . .
2. What is 'tt'?

Offline txredxj

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »
tt is pretty much motorcross type races. flat track, ice racing, woods racing all fall under "tt". still not sure what tt means though, technical track?

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »
Ive never looked into it, but I think a good description would be flat dirt/pavement races with Dunlop street tire things. Its more about speed than negotiating obstacles. But dont quote me.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 09:35:08 AM »
Tourist-Trophy.

TT is more of a spectator type racing.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline ghouck

• Email
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »
I've got Motowoz on the front with +2.25 Housers. I liked my first set of Housers so much, I went with them again, says alot since they are nearly twice the price of everyone else. I have a Modquad swinger, but I would recommend SLC ( http://www.slcquadcustoms.com/ ). Kevin has a 3 warranty and will build whatever you want. My rear shock is a RaptorSE OEM shock, I had Josh Wiig at wiigstyle racing ( http://www.wiigstyleracing.com/ ) rebuild it for my weight, riding style and + 4 swinger. My rear axle is a Lonestar + 1-+4. ( http://www.lsracing.com/ ). A really nice adjustable axle, kinda on the heavier side but nice.

slcquadcustoms seems to be out of business, or at least their website is down. Is there new contact info or a similar manufacturer?

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 05:26:15 PM »
tt is pretty much motorcross type races. flat track, ice racing, woods racing all fall under "tt". still not sure what tt means though, technical track?
Q. What does TT stand for?
A. TT stands for Tourist Trophy. TT is part of the Grand National Series and is much like road racing but with small high speed jumps. The coarse is designed with high speed and low speed right and left hand turns and is usually run on hard packed dirt/clay. TT quads are built light and fast.

TT races - see above definition

Super Moto races are TT but a mix of dirt & ashpalt

Flat track racing is "flat" whether its a road coarse or oval, tri-oval etc

Ice racing is "flat" whether its road coarse, oval, tri-oval etc.

MX self explanatory

Hare scramble  are conducted on closed course tracks which can vary from 2.5 to 40+ miles (8 to 64+km) in length. The terrain chosen for these events is wooded and fairly rugged in order to test the riders' skills and endurance. The majority of the course consists of a wooded, single and double width trail, with occasional pasture and sand crossings. An event may incorporate a short portion of a pre-existing motocross track. The natural terrain tests the riders' abilities to navigate through obstacles such as creek beds, logs, hills, mud, rocks and ruts.

Its all racing but like going to restaurant & ordering eggs. To me a TT track involves jumps