Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Looking to do theentire suspension on my '07, advice needed.  (Read 6017 times)

Offline ghouck

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Looking to do theentire suspension on my '07, advice needed.
« on: September 18, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »
Well, I'm going to do the whole shebangabang, LT +2 arms, front shocks, rearshock, +1 or +2 swinger, axle. I'm looking at Motowoz for the shocks, and anything of quality for the rest. What dealer do you guys recommend, I'm hoping for someone that can put together an entire package. Any help will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:30:46 PM by ghouck »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Looking to do theentire suspension on my '07, advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »
I still like Elkas. Houser for a-arms Extended swingers really only good for drag racing. My opinion only but I have a weak motor..  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline ghouck

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 09:42:17 PM »
Thanks. I was thinking Elkas for a long time, but I'm seeing a LOT of complaints, and a LOT of praise for Motowoz. I read a few people talking about the adjustments not doing anything on some.

But either way, I'm more looking for a vendor than for what brand, I'm kinda set on Motowoz, and Houser is one brand I was hoping for. Thanks, Greg.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »
I've got Motowoz on the front with +2.25 Housers. I liked my first set of Housers so much, I went with them again, says alot since they are nearly twice the price of everyone else. I have a Modquad swinger, but I would recommend SLC ( http://www.slcquadcustoms.com/ ). Kevin has a 3 warranty and will build whatever you want. My rear shock is a RaptorSE OEM shock, I had Josh Wiig at wiigstyle racing ( http://www.wiigstyleracing.com/ ) rebuild it for my weight, riding style and + 4 swinger. My rear axle is a Lonestar + 1-+4. ( http://www.lsracing.com/ ). A really nice adjustable axle, kinda on the heavier side but nice.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 08:21:06 AM »
I've never rode a quad with motowoz. But everything I've heard and then some is they are top notch. Gunz, Socal Rappy, sand84, preddy, mad dog, either own or have rode quads w/ them and praise them :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 08:33:01 AM »
I am on my 3rd set of Elkas, but I'd swap for a set of Motowoz any day.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 10:43:28 AM »
I've never rode a quad with motowoz. But everything I've heard and then some is they are top notch. Gunz, Socal Rappy, sand84, preddy, mad dog, either own or have rode quads w/ them and praise them :)

preddy's bike has the reg travel elkas. I am still surprised how that thing rode. like buttah!

Motowoz looks cooler though. And rode great as well.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 02:19:29 PM »
Fox Float Evols.......:lol: I think TQS would be more than happy to set you up with a package deal on a-arms and shocks. I run Custom Axis shocks on ARS FX +2.25s (long travel with MGC) and love it...I would recommend doing the rear shock too cause I'm still on my stock rear setup and it sucks :lol:

Offline Danny T

• Street Cred: 3
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »
Call kenneth @ KBR he has a used setup for sale!

Offline txredxj

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »
if you get the motowoz rear make sure you get the rezzy mounted up front. other wise you have to mount it under the grab bar and hinders your ability to run duals. i have the rear and it made a world of difference for me. i can actually ride further back on the seat over the whoops at a much faster speed. kbr or tqs can get you a package deal on most of the stuff.

Offline ghouck

• Email
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 01:43:17 PM »
f you get the motowoz rear make sure you get the rezzy mounted up front

Do you mean a piggyback, or just mount the rez forward. I already have duals on the ride, so that will be an issue.

Fox Float Evols

What's the deal with those? Some of the kids around here talk about them for quads and snowmachines, but to me they just don't look very strong.

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 01:44:52 PM »
They are air shocks...Fox is one of the best shock makers in the industry, and most Baja runners have Fox shocks on their race trucks. If money wasn't an issue I would get a set of those hands down. I have never heard of any problems with them.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 02:32:28 PM »
its funny, you'll hear lots of mixed reviews about fox shocks. If you blow a seal, the shock is un-usable. But I'm yet to hear of anyone w/ that issue.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »
How often do you hear about them blowing seals though? The only time I'd see that happening are extreme race environments and those teams would probably have a backup set...so for average everyday trail/track use that aren't ironman competitions should be fine.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 02:45:50 PM »
thats what I'm saying, There's a few people on here who always say if you blow a seal, your screwed. But I've never herad that happening to anyone.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: