Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: BOSS NOSS GROUP BUY!!!!! Ends OCT 10th  (Read 16324 times)

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
Re: BOSS NOSS GROUP BUY!!!!! Ends OCT 10th
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
You can run pump gas with a CP piston also...I believe that is what Boss Noss has said he uses on here.

Offline lotuseater

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2010, 03:11:33 PM »
You'll have to mount your bottle upside down or add a siphon tube. I have had no problems running mine upside down when it was mounted to my frame on the ground. This is the preferred method to get every last bit of nitrous out of the bottle.

Can the nitrous bottle be mounted fairly flat, with the valve pointed towards the rear of the bike?    Seems like if you are moving the liquid nitrous would be forced to the rear of the bottle still?
SELF RACING

Offline BossNoss

• Site Sponsor
    • www.bossnoss.com
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2010, 03:15:46 PM »
You'll have to mount your bottle upside down or add a siphon tube. I have had no problems running mine upside down when it was mounted to my frame on the ground. This is the preferred method to get every last bit of nitrous out of the bottle.

Can the nitrous bottle be mounted fairly flat, with the valve pointed towards the rear of the bike?    Seems like if you are moving the liquid nitrous would be forced to the rear of the bottle still?

That is true. Think of the bottle like a 2 liter bottle of soda. Nitrous is a liquid. You'll want to position the bottle in a way that will allow you to get all the liquid out. At some point, even while moving, the nitrous will catch up with you and even out in a flat mounted system. You'll want to angle it as much as you can just to get every last drop out. You don't have to have it perfectly up and down because even at an angle, the nitrous will flow to the lowest point in the bottle.

Offline BossNoss

• Site Sponsor
    • www.bossnoss.com
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »
You can run pump gas with a CP piston also...I believe that is what Boss Noss has said he uses on here.

I've run both pistons, but do like the design of the CP better. I think they are both good pistons, but you'll get a better fit/finish with the CP IMHO.

Offline Adam

• VIP Orange
  • blueberry slinger
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2010, 04:08:30 PM »
i thought because of the dome design of the cp piston you had to run 100oct. detonation issues.
08 700R #117

Offline Langford

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »
All done!  I just got done zip-tying all of the cables and hoses in place, and tightened up all of the nuts/bolts that I removed.  I may have to take a day trip out to the dunes this saturday just to test this thing out.  The install was pretty straight forward, the hardest part was getting my fat fingers back to some of the mounting bolts on the fuel bottle.  

So Jeremy...this kit came with some "extra parts", right?   ???  There were a few extra flares, and misc. parts in the box after I got done installing everything.  And on that NPFI, other than the nut that goes on the inside to hold it in place on the intake tube...there is nothing else to it, right?  No fogger or jet or anything that I may have missed?
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »
All and all, pretty easy to do?

look forward to hearin your review of it!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Langford

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »
Jeremy...another question for you.  Do I need to prime the fuel system before I try to spray it for the first time?  I just watched some of the boss noss videos on youtube, and Jim explained the system as always having fuel right at the NPFI, so when the nitrous is sprayed the venturi principle pulls the required amount of fuel in with it.  Well, being that my fuel bottle is lower than the NPFI, won't I have to prime it somehow to get fuel up there in the first place? 

All and all, pretty easy to do?

look forward to hearin your review of it!

It was actually a lot easier than I anticipated.  Every time I start a project like this that I have no experience with, I get nervous and expect the worst.  The directions that came with the kit weren't great by any means, but with a little bit of common sense...you can figure everything out. 

The hardest part is trying to figure out where, and how to mount the bottles.  I went the same route with the fuel bottle that Jeremy did with his (or at least on the one that he posted pictures of)....I made a small bracket out of some sheet metal that I got from Lowes, and spaced it away from the coolant bottle with some 1/4" nylon spacers (the coolant bottle bracket has two holes in it already that two small zip-ties are ran through, remove the ties and they make a great place to bolt a bracket to using 1/4" bolts).  Mine is nothing fancy, but it does the job. 

For the nitrous bottle, I just tucked it up under the front fender as far as I could (left side if you are sitting on the quad), and bolted the brackets directly to the fender, through the warning labels.  It is fairly solid, but I'm going to make another bracket out of some flat stock steel to help support the bottle...basically just trying to take some of the weight off of the plastic and tie it to the frame. 

I planned on putting the "smart box" right next to my PCIII, behind the air box in the little storage area...but the steel braided nitrous line that came with the kit wasn't long enough to allow that, so I set it next to the battery on top of the stock intake tube and used the supplied velcro to help keep it in place.
 I tapped the NPFI into the the stock intake tube, on the throttle body side of the sensor (whatever that sensor is)...it is about 1.5" off of the throttle body. 
I ended up sticking the toggle on/off switch right below the reverse knob on the front right fender, and mounted the "go baby go" button on the right grip.  I cut a little notch out of my ODI grips and used a zip-tie to hold it in place...the button sits pretty much right where the pad of my index finger normally rests, so it is easy enough to just hit the spray button when I want to. 

It started raining when I was finishing everything up, so I didn't have a chance to get any pictures of the install...but I will snag a few tomorrow. 

'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Offline Sand84

• Original Gangsta
  • Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 9
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2010, 07:55:14 PM »
Sweet cant wait to see this run  :nod:
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Offline BossNoss

• Site Sponsor
    • www.bossnoss.com
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »
So Jeremy...this kit came with some "extra parts", right?   ???  There were a few extra flares, and misc. parts in the box after I got done installing everything.  And on that NPFI, other than the nut that goes on the inside to hold it in place on the intake tube...there is nothing else to it, right?  No fogger or jet or anything that I may have missed?

They probably left you a few extra parts in there in case you misplaced some or needed some extras for some reason. That's pretty common.

Nothing else you'll need with the NPFI. It really is that simple.

As far as priming the system, the first time, yes you'll be without fuel for a moment. You can prime the system anytime. I typically do it while the engine is running and just hit the 'go' button for a split second. It won't take long (hundredths of a second) to get fuel up there and once you do it the first time, it'll be there the rest of the time for you.

One trick I did with my fuel because I was in the same boat you were in when I first installed my system, I wanted to know if there was fuel at the nozzle. I started putting fuel scent in my Meth so that anytime I ran the nitrous system, I could smell the added 'scent' and had that extra reassurance that it was working. Keep in mind, I didn't do this because there's a flaw in the system, but because I look for the overkill option and wanted the peace of mind. When I'm done for the weekend at the dunes, I will typically purge my system of the nitrous by shutting off my nitrous bottle, then clearing the system by turning on the 'go' button. I can always smell the cotton candy or grape scent when I purge the system and the peace of mind makes me sleep better. :)

Offline BossNoss

• Site Sponsor
    • www.bossnoss.com
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »
i thought because of the dome design of the cp piston you had to run 100oct. detonation issues.

The dome design on the CP piston is pretty similar to the JE, at least for the 2 that I have/had and they were both in the 12-12.5:1 compression range. I don't know why the CP piston dome would require you to run higher octane solely on the merits of it's 'shape' over the JE.