Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XXIV  (Read 101969 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XXIV
« Reply #1920 on: October 05, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »
yea.. FAP... who thought of that

I bet I qualify for that assistance.  :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1921 on: October 05, 2016, 10:55:38 AM »
I've been an expert since about 13... I NEED NO ASSISTANCE
(I would enjoy some... but I don't need it)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1922 on: October 05, 2016, 11:08:21 AM »
I've been an expert since about 13... I NEED NO ASSISTANCE
(I would enjoy some... but I don't need it)

ah. THAT'S how the name came about.

because thats what you do when youre on it. :jerkoff:

think were on to something. and Id be HAPPY to assist.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1923 on: November 29, 2016, 01:14:34 PM »
gonna get all hippie and throw some 'feels' at ya.

ever just have a day, thats just $hitty? not like your life is going to end $hitty.. just $HITTY? weather sucks, everything goes wrong... you know? First-worldly-$hitty.... But then hear something terrible that puts you inane bull$hit into perspective, and makes you feel petty, and so you just move on, because you know how stupid you are.....

that was me yesterday.  Got handed 53 hrs of unplanned work to do this week... then... Huge software crash, lost 27,000 records of data. had to re-process. Finally get it all done and even printed-took me all day. then, I  drop the huge skid of postcards rounding a corner with the palletjack, and a bunch lands in a puddle of compressor oil. TWICE. run back, reprint the affected pieces. take them back out. someone stole my pallet jack, and knocked my $hit over in the process for a third time. I was in full stab a mofo  mode. :lol:

then I come back to my desk, and someone hands me this card to sign for a coworker (a Very nice person, who runs tons of charities for local needy, and animal shelter stuff, been working with her for 15 yrs) Im like "dafuk is this for?"  :confused: I open the card and see "condolences" and "sorry for your loss" stuff....

Well. Over the weekend, apparently, her 18 yr old son inexplicably collapsed and died out of the blue. still no cause determined.  :( :cry: :( :cry: :(

seriously, my $hit is so amazingly trivial, I was actually frozen in place. couldn't function for a few minutes.

hug your kids, take care of your loved ones. Time is limited, so let's not waste it.

that is all. have a nice day gents.

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1924 on: November 30, 2016, 08:47:36 AM »
:thumbs:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1925 on: November 30, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »
Sorry to hear about all the troubles, peelio. Lifes a cruel bitch that's for sure.

From one of my favorite games "Portal"

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1926 on: November 30, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »
Sorry to hear about all the troubles, peelio. Lifes a cruel bitch that's for sure.

From one of my favorite games "Portal"

thats awesome.  :rofl:

clarify. No problems here. thats my point. Saving my energy for real life probs :)

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #1927 on: December 05, 2016, 10:08:12 AM »
:reality: :(
We're on the same wavelength peels.

I listen to BBC radio a lot on my way in from the hotel to the hospital (20 min drive), one morning around 4:00am I got there but sat in the parking lot because there was this captivating interview with a doctor.  The BBC had visited a shelled out hospital in Syria and spoke with a doc who gave an account of the things he deals with on a daily basis.  The story was very emotional for me to hear, imagining the world that he was describing and the selflessness he displayed simply by continuing to show up every day.  I thought about the work I had ahead of me that day, the conference calls, the difficult people, and the stress I regularly put myself under.  I had some deep introspection about how I had allowed my little corner of the world to envelop and consume me and realized that I'd watched many friends and family members do the same; remembering that at previous times I had thought to myself that "they don't really have any stress in their lives compared to me".  I understood in this moment that I, just like those I had dismissed as drama queens, had failed in my quest for humility.  I sat there another 15 minutes or so, buried in my own psyche and struggling for perspective.

In the end I realized that, if nothing else, I needed to lighten up.  I'm still de-compiling that experience in my idle moments, approximately 2 months later, in an effort to know myself better.  What I do know is that my world isn't so bad, and it's important to step back and recognize that as a sanity check once in a while.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1928 on: December 05, 2016, 10:25:21 AM »

I listen to BBC radio a lot on my way in from the hotel to the hospital (20 min drive), one morning around 4:00am I got there but sat in the parking lot because there was this captivating interview with a doctor.  The BBC had visited a shelled out hospital in Syria and spoke with a doc who gave an account of the things he deals with on a daily basis.  The story was very emotional for me to hear, imagining the world that he was describing and the selflessness he displayed simply by continuing to show up every day.  I thought about the work I had ahead of me that day, the conference calls, the difficult people, and the stress I regularly put myself under.  I had some deep introspection about how I had allowed my little corner of the world to envelop and consume me and realized that I'd watched many friends and family members do the same; remembering that at previous times I had thought to myself that "they don't really have any stress in their lives compared to me".  I understood in this moment that I, just like those I had dismissed as drama queens, had failed in my quest for humility.  I sat there another 15 minutes or so, buried in my own psyche and struggling for perspective.

In the end I realized that, if nothing else, I needed to lighten up.  I'm still de-compiling that experience in my idle moments, approximately 2 months later, in an effort to know myself better.  What I do know is that my world isn't so bad, and it's important to step back and recognize that as a sanity check once in a while.

:thumbs:

MD if you werent a ginger, id marry you.

oh yeah, and a dude. there is that SMALL detail. :humper:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1929 on: December 05, 2016, 12:23:31 PM »

I really enjoy reading your well thought/spoken comments. I watched my dad go through these same emotions when he was going through his cancer treatment. Timeline he was given, 5 years would be minimum up until who knows. As he was going through his treatment, he was being rolled down hallways where there were kids no older than 8 laid out on tables or being pushed around in wheel chairs going through the same treatments he's had done. Except, my dad is old enough to know how to cope with those things and has had his time to lead a normal life. Listening to my dad talk like that was an eye opener for me, made all of my problems I have seem very small and insignificant.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1930 on: December 05, 2016, 01:13:02 PM »
every year... this company called "Wright & Filippis" puts on an event at the Saginaw Zoo called "Wheelchair Days" where they pay for all of these disabled kids (and families) to attend the zoo, they put on games and food.. the whole spread.. it is AMAZING
walking around with Spencer.... really puts into perspective how NOT BAD I have it..
sure.. we have our challenges.. I'm still wiping butts after 14 years.. we have some violent fits... some outbursts in public.. he can't really talk..
but SOME of these kids... man... they are just shells of humans...
totally disabled, 100% paralysis .. drooling... it's REALLY an eye opener!
just crushes your soul... so sad
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:47:00 PM by Hefe »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1931 on: December 05, 2016, 01:20:02 PM »

I really enjoy reading your well thought/spoken comments. I watched my dad go through these same emotions when he was going through his cancer treatment. Timeline he was given, 5 years would be minimum up until who knows. As he was going through his treatment, he was being rolled down hallways where there were kids no older than 8 laid out on tables or being pushed around in wheel chairs going through the same treatments he's had done. Except, my dad is old enough to know how to cope with those things and has had his time to lead a normal life. Listening to my dad talk like that was an eye opener for me, made all of my problems I have seem very small and insignificant.

yeah man, i feel ya. the ferkin C word....  :mad:

Remember when dad went through that. The cancer area at the VA hospital, around all the vets, some who are already past their prognosis, and aren't regretful about anything...because they already went through shit that made them treasure their life...those dudes were happy as hell.... It sorta makes you want to be a better person.  :thumbs:

perspective is everything.

right on heffer. that's really cool.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1932 on: December 19, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »
little smily "feels" story for ya. could be in the "kids say the damndest things" thread too.

Im sure youve all heard my wifes history. Mom left with douchebag mulleted dad to shitsville Indiana in the 80's when she was 2, then his cunty family didnt like she was there taking from his own kids.  So her grandma brought her home, and raised her HERE.

shes moved on of course, but it nags at her sometimes, especially since her Grandma died 6 yrs ago... Didnt realize that when she died, Nichole lost HER family Xmas shindigs... it Started buggin her this year kinda outta nowhere. And her mom isnt doing so well, financially. her new husband is getting ferked by his health.

so the crux of my tale.... On the surface, it would appear that with my boys,  I am raising heathens, that will be a burden to society, and that still may be true because thats what I do. LOL but....we had a glimmer of hope.....

I took the boys for some quick xmas shopping for momma last weekend. And in our household, we're really in a "no junk" mode for presents and whatnot. Rather spend $ on doing things. vacas etc.  So were eating lunch, I ask them for their thoughts. Aidan... who is normally brooding and quasi-emo at 13years old:

"Hey, maybe since Mom has never spent Xmas with her own mom, and Mimi(their nickname for her) can't afford to do anything because she has no money, why dont we just pay for her to come her and stay for Xmas?"

well. My old hardened heart exploded into little pieces right in front of me :lol:

Messaged her well pay for all her expenses, and she was into it. so I think its going down.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

merry christmas ladies. :kiss:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1933 on: December 19, 2016, 01:06:47 PM »
that's awesome Peels

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1934 on: December 19, 2016, 01:13:15 PM »
<awwwwww chat>
haha, awesome peelio! Good kiddos' you got there.

<onto standard krandall chat>

Mimi does realize you guys are trying to fly her to Iowa though right? Before she accepts and all...

I'd maybe give her a call just to double-let her know it's Iowa.

Personally, I'd rather spend Christmas alone.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: