Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: ANY 660 Builder Read this  (Read 6566 times)

Offline scholle

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: ANY 660 Builder Read this
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 01:19:47 PM »
 I hate it for you Hammo. I can promise you would be hard pressed to find someone who has broken more parts on toys than me.
But no matter how many times I do its still a sick feeling.

The point I was getting at is that the weak rod has been known about for years even before they were in the Raptor chassis. Falicon does do good work.It is just overpriced IMO.   http://www.faliconcranks.com/pt_price.html
 Personally the only cranks that I have seen that needed balancing were big strokers. I still say that a whole unit is cheaper than buying the rod and having it installed. Barker does have some new billet cranks also.

Offline norby449

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: ANY 660 Builder Read this
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 08:32:25 PM »
I just lost the bottom end in my 01 due to a key on the primary gear that broke. It took out everything below the valves including the clutch case. All the gears on the right side of the engine are in pieces, the balancer hit the the rod, the rod bent the balancer broke. The clutch basket exploded, oil pump water pump all gone. I will be spending the $$$$$  for a falicon and it will be balanced with knife edges. I am looking for someone to cryo treet all the keys before I rebuild. What more can you do to bullet proof your engine? Why don't they do this at the factory, build something that really works. We had enough problems with the 01 trannys the starter clutch now this. I love my Raptor but a guy can only take so much.