Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Safeglow LED and Fiber Optic 6' Whip Group Buy 2/13-3/15  (Read 16951 times)

Offline bighamster

• Street Cred: 0
    • My Sponsor, lol
Re: Safeglow LED and Fiber Optic 6' Whip Group Buy 2/13-3/15
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2011, 06:04:45 PM »
We need another flag group buy next spring.
totally agree, if i can wait that long.

Offline Firemann32

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2011, 09:00:04 AM »
On the way home yesterday Jessica asked me if they came in pink, lol.

By spring I was thinking Feb/Mar

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2011, 10:21:45 AM »
On the way home yesterday Jessica asked me if they came in pink, lol.

By spring I was thinking Feb/Mar

I think they do, but they were $10 more than the standard colors if I remember right. I will be getting Nikki one also.

Gunz, fire up another group buy with this guy...I think we could fill it up.

Aaron

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »
I may want 2 depending on price/when it starts

Offline NaturalRaptor

• Potato King
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 8
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »
If another group buy gets going we need a better warranty!  :help:

Just a little info on my experience. I bought the super white and love it. Many of you have seen it and know that it is really the brightest of the any of the other colors. However, after being used 3 times the top half stopped working.  :(  I always used the orginal shipping package to transport back and forth to the dunes so it traveled safely. I have had this 18 months used 3 times and I am sad to report the warranty will not cover it. Safeglo only offers a 6 month warranty.  :(

Not saving I will not buy another, because I will just wish they had a better warranty.

Frog69 needs to chime in with his experience. His started leaking.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Offline frog69

• Ninjas
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »
okay, heres my experience with both tribal and safeglow. I first bought tribal whips and had there first design which was bad about leaking silcone. the silcon keeps the led's from getting banged around. when I called them up they new about problem and sent new one. new design better but still leaks after time. safe glow doesn't have same problem about leaking but still can go out, just like nautral raptors did. the excuse I got from both tribal and safe glow was all the west coast dunes don't have trees like we do in the trials. and the whips can't take the abuse. now my mom has the same tribal whip for about 3 years. mind you she rides a trx 250 and doesnt' get out of 2 gear. so I've basicly been buying one a year so when anything happens I already have a back up and soon as I get back home I can send it back. I like the tribal whip cause the adaptor it comes with for the day whip. all I have to do is pull a pin and swap. Ive been using these two types of whips for long enough for this to be acurate information, not just my 2 cents.  unless there is a new builder of lighted whips that have sovled these problem then basicly look at buying one each year.  I love to ride at night and i will not ride with out a lighted whip. obviously they look cool, and they make night riding safer!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »
Plus.. it makes it a LOT easier to find people when there's lighted whips.. last year was awesome when there was like 10 of em!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Firemann32

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »
I'm not partial to either one.....

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »
I bought both at full price, as this group buy was over long before I planned to go to last year's LSRR. 

It should be worth noting, that while the NightStalker Tribal Whip has significantly fewer LEDs and is not as bright, it is nearly 50 dollars cheaper than the Safe-Glo.  I paid 94 and change shipped for a 6' NightStalker with the Quick Disconnect, my total from Safe-Glo was just over 140 shipped with the "not so quick" disconnect and recommended inline fuse.

I did not like the Safe-Glo's wiring layout.  First off they don't use a dedicated ground, it relies on the connection to the grab bar.  Second the "quick disconnect" is just a threaded hole which still requires the use of a wrench to tighten down.  I thought you could tighten it down by hand, it worked it's way loose enough to wobble in the threaded piece on the grab bar, bound up and was, at the end of my first weekend with it, useless.  Third, the RCA connector in the bottom of the "quick disconnect" is pointed upwards, open to dirt, sand, and water to fall into the top of the piece when the flag is not installed.  I used a plastic cap I found to counter this.  Last, the quick disconnect is an RCA connector plugged into the bottom for power.  This means there is a wire always hanging from the disconnect mounted on the grab bar to the tail section where you wire the power in.  If you follow their directions it's a permanent connection, I installed a plug when I wired it.

Overall, I much prefer the Nightstalker Tribal Whip in terms of functional design, I just wish it had more LEDs.  If I ever need/want to buy an additional one, I will still shop around however.

Offline frog69

• Ninjas
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »
Thanks mad dog, I completely forgot about safe glows shit ass RCA bullshit. That was the first thIng to go out on it. Piss poor design. The wire is so thin I tore apart easily with hands. Tribal is better on that. Again they both have there problems.

Offline quiksilverz71

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2011, 09:03:47 AM »
If another group buy gets going we need a better warranty!  :help:

Just a little info on my experience. I bought the super white and love it. Many of you have seen it and know that it is really the brightest of the any of the other colors. However, after being used 3 times the top half stopped working.  :(  I always used the orginal shipping package to transport back and forth to the dunes so it traveled safely. I have had this 18 months used 3 times and I am sad to report the warranty will not cover it. Safeglo only offers a 6 month warranty.  :(

Not saving I will not buy another, because I will just wish they had a better warranty.

Frog69 needs to chime in with his experience. His started leaking.

I have the same problem, used it like 3 times and always super careful with it. Now mine only lights up on one side, but good news is I email them and they said if send it to them it would be under $30 to fix it. So I'm going to send mine in for repair. So besides that, I love mine, I bought the pink one for my wife and she loves it.
09 Raptor 700 (Blue)
Flexx Bars/ODI Grips/AVS Levers/Quad Tech Seat
PC5/Pro Design/Barker Duals
Hiper Tech 3/ITP GNCC Tires
Pro Amor Skids/Precision Stabilizer/HIDS

06 Raptor 700 (Gray)
PC3, Pro Design Intake, ODI Grips
07 GYTR Front Shocks,AVS Levers
Pro Armor Skids/Precision Stabilizer