Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Engine Ice  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Ironhorse

• Street Cred: 0
Engine Ice
« on: January 23, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
I know a lot of people are always looking for ways to run cooler. I have been running Engine Ice in my dirtbikes for years and have always been very impressed with how much cooler the bike ran after long motos in the summer.

I had been draging and disking my track using my 2004 grizzly 660 during the summer and working it hard in 4WD for 30 minutes at a time. It was getting really hot and started cutting out on me. I swapped the coolant and put in some Engine Ice and immediately noticed a significant difference. I love this stuff. It's pricy, but I have always found it to be well worth the money. Saved me the expense of an aftermarket fan etc.

Just replaced the stock coolant in my rappy and looking forward to seeing the benefit in that too. Hope others find this recommendation helpful.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Engine Ice
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »
yep, used that stuff in my 660, totally could tell a difference. ran much cooler
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:24:28 AM »
How does it handle in cold weather?

I ride in the winter (-15 to 20 degrees)

would hate for the motor to be TO cold.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:53:43 AM »
How does it handle in cold weather?

I ride in the winter (-15 to 20 degrees)

would hate for the motor to be TO cold.

never had trouble. :thumbs: ran great, I would recommend it. I will be using it whenever I decide to do maintenance on mine :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"