Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: HID lighting on 250 DONT DO  (Read 2227 times)

Offline MO RAPTOR 700

• Street Cred: 0
HID lighting on 250 DONT DO
« on: January 10, 2010, 07:32:12 AM »
During the group buy of the HID lighting I decided to buy some for my daughters 250. I hooked everything up according to some wiring diagrams I found on a raptor forum (relay and all) and seemed to be working ok. Didn't really have alot of time on the lights as its been cold here and daughter hasn't been riding it. Well we got a snow and kids where out of school and they decided to ride the 4 wheeler. The net day she wanted to ride it and battery was died. I charge it and got it started and the turn on the lights and they a flickering so turn them off and let battery charge. Shut it off and it will not do anything will not even light the N indicator light. Get the manual out and start doing some testing and comes down to having a bad rectified. So I call the dealership and ask about one and they dont have, so I tell whats going on and he recommend taking it in to have things test as the rectifier is 100.00 and he said they would check it out for 65.00. So I think about it as say what the hell take it to them, good thing I did cause it turn out to be the battery and it was 110.00. They said when they where testing it with a new battery it was charging 14 volts and when the lights where turned on it would charge 4 volts. So all in all its a good thing I took it to the dealership as I would have put a 100.00 rectifer on and not fixed the problem then possible took to them for 65.00 + per hr to look at plus then the battery 110.00 and that would have costed me around 300.00 so I saved 100.00 by taking it to them as the final bill was 207.00. So after all this DONT PUT HID LIGHTS ON A 250   as the charging system will not handle the HID's.
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange
Barker In frame Duals, TRF intake, PCV, 11:5.1 CP Tech Piston, HCIII Cam, Ported Head (TRF), KDS +3 TB, Dynatek Programmable Ign.
15 tooth front sprocket
HID Lighting
Pro-Armor nerf bars
A-Arms skid plates

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: HID lighting on 250 DONT DO
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:27 AM »
Dang that sucks man.

does ricky stator make a replacement high output one for the 250?

Otherwise. Sounds like your only option would be to go with upgraded stock bulbs.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Scott011422

• Street Cred: 0
Re: HID lighting on 250 DONT DO
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:59:11 AM »
Sounds like you may have wired something wrong. Hid's pull less amperage than regular bulbs. Unless the stock bulb is a turn signal bulb anyway..:)
2006 700r Raptor
Vapor
Trailtech HID's
ProArmor SkidPlate
LED Underglow