Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Jan 2010 GB ....Discount for Wiigstyle Racing Suspension....HUGE SAVINGS!!!!  (Read 15260 times)

Offline wobble

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
I just found this thread....how did I miss it?  ???

These Group Buys are making me go broke! Probably gonna have to do this one too. I made the mistake of riding a rappy that had good shocks on it. Can't go back now.

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24

These Group Buys are making me go broke! Probably gonna have to do this one too. I made the mistake of riding a rappy that had good shocks on it. Can't go back now.

People with good shocks should be shot, how dare they entice those of us with crappy or mediocre shocks by letting us riding their atvs.   ;)

Offline SprinterX

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
Hi Josh, thanx for extending the GB on the shock rework.  :thumbs:

I already have the front dual and rear single springs for my weight and was curious about pricing to service and revalve all three? Are you using the RT Gold Valve kits in this revalve pricing?
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Offline WiigStyle

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 5
    • Email
Cost to do just revalves, and rebuild is $345.99. I am using my own piston valves and shim stacks.

Offline SprinterX

• VIP
Cost to do just revalves, and rebuild is $345.99. I am using my own piston valves and shim stacks.
Sounds great Josh.
Does that include the T-shirt and shipping?
Are your piston valves built with the same high flow design currently being used by RT, GTT and others?
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Offline WiigStyle

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
I will pay ground shipping and throw in a t-shirt

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
I would sure like to do this on my rear but not looking like I will make it.   Dec and Jan are the 2 worst months....     

Will keep this in mind, would be nice if my rear with the +6 was redone.
Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Offline efajeep

• Email
Hey Josh you did the rears for me and my brothers 660s awhile back, whats the price on respring/revalve for a pair of yfz450 fronts for a raptor

Offline WiigStyle

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
Price on a revalve/respring on yfz450 shocks would be as follows:

This is for the pair not just one single shock.

Labor: $70
Oil: $20
Revalve: $175 (includes new high flow piston valves)
Respring: $209.99
Seals, o-rings, etc. are extra. I will make a recommended list of parts to put back in and call you for confirmation before installing.

Total: $474.99

Offline wobble

• VIP

People with good shocks should be shot, how dare they entice those of us with crappy or mediocre shocks by letting us riding their atvs.   ;)

I agree. What a bunch of crap. I was perfectly happy with my inferior stock shocks. Now I know why I'm having such a hard time keeping up with him.

Josh, shocks are pulled off and will be on their way to you tomorrow. Thank you Josh and thank you RS for setting up this GB.  :thumbs:

Offline txredxj

• VIP
    • Email
by any chance can you put a remote rezzy on a stock shock?

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
by any chance can you put a remote rezzy on a stock shock?

Probably need to be more specific about what the stock shock is, though it's quite possible you're throwing good $ after bad if it's a yamaha oem pogo stick (assuming of course it can be done).

I have a couple of rear shocks lying around.  A few OEM 660 rears, 1 OEM 660 rear with an elka dual rate conversion (and I think elka components but not sure) and a rear elka for the 660.  Any suggestions from the peanut gallery on what I should rebuild, and if I'm going to replace all the innards and springs anyway, how much worse can the OEM shock be than the aftermarket if they have the same components?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:10:06 AM by Mad Dog »

Offline txredxj

• VIP
    • Email
its a 700 rear

Offline WiigStyle

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
You can put a remote reservoir onto the existing reservoir. We run a remote reservoir on the existing reservoir on one of our motocross bikes. It allows for better cooling and it also has it's own radiator like piece that circulates to keep heat away. If you look at James Stewarts' yz450f he has one just like it. The remaining parts you can't see are routed into the air box. I think it is overkill though because you can get great results with an extended bladder cap for about $100 less.

Josh

Offline funyun

• Jew
  • Funyun Yellow
  • Street Cred: -1337
    • Email
Can you do the YFZ450 R models? Does this include a dual rate spring on the front or rear? are all the internals switched out with better ones aswell?