Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Engine Ice  (Read 1797 times)

Offline MrStevie

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Engine Ice
« on: November 17, 2009, 07:05:23 PM »
I want to switch over to Engine Ice and was wondering how many gallons I'll need to order from you. And is there a write up somewhere about how to switch over? Do I just need to do a drain and refill or is there a way to drain the whole system? Thanks!
'08 Raptor 700r

Ranger

Re: Engine Ice
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:38:28 AM »
You have to flush out your entire cooling system...and 1 jug should do it, the 700 doesn't have a HUGE radiator like a car.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:49:07 AM »
I jug will do fine.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline MrStevie

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
Thanks guys. How do i flush the coolant that's inside the motor? Is it safe to run the quad for a few seconds after I drain the radiator and overflow tank to shoot out the coolant inside the system?
'08 Raptor 700r

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:55:48 AM »
Thanks guys. How do i flush the coolant that's inside the motor? Is it safe to run the quad for a few seconds after I drain the radiator and overflow tank to shoot out the coolant inside the system?

open the drain bolt, then run it for a few seconds. FLush it with water while running. Expertise ends there. havent done it on the 700 yet
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline MrStevie

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:17:09 AM »
Thanks! :thumbs: I'm sure i'll be able to figure it out, can't be too hard :confused: I hope...
'08 Raptor 700r

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:29:22 AM »
On the 660, I removed the overflow tank. Then topped everything off, warmed it up and topped it off agian, including the overflow. :thumbs: not hard at all.  I liked using engine ice. Decent stuff