Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: New Raptor Troubleshooting  (Read 11084 times)

Offline rawlinsbuilders

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
New Raptor Troubleshooting
« on: August 30, 2009, 03:23:52 PM »
At complete stopping point. Have new 90 Raptor for my daughter. She has riden possibly ten times. Today electric started as usual. Warmed up with choke 3/4. Once I felt it was warm, daughter pushes throttle and it dies. An hour later I finally just wheeled it back to garage. Tried the following. Has gas. Adjusted idling screw. Tried to run it at various positions of choke. Got it to throttle up twice, but only by pumping throttle very sensitively.Once it came to a stop, it died again when throttle was pushed. Ran like a charm as long as throttle was not pushed. Hate that something this brand new is unusable. Please help.

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
Re: New Raptor Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »
Fill the tank, Yamaha's can be weird and have like a 1/4 tank still but not run.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 08:04:20 AM »
weird.

If it's not gas. I would check to see if there's a fuel filter on that beast. maybe plugged. If not. Since it's new. I woulnd't hessitate in bringing it back to the dealership and have them take a look at it. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline 11Raptor

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 8
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »
My son's '09 raptor 90 takes for ever to warm up and sputers and dies if to aggressive on the throttle for the first 10 min or so. But have not had it no start and warm up and be fine.  I usually take it and ride it for the first 5 min to make sure it's nice and warm after about 5 min of idling.  Let me know if you figure it out.  :thumbs:

Michael
-2K7 Raptor700 SE2
-Houser +3/4 Blue Steering Stem
-Pro Taper Black SE bars
-ProArmor Kill Switch w/wrist teather
-ProArmor Skid Plates
-ProArmor FAT Peg Black Nerf's
-ITP Holeshot XCR's on ITP SS112's machined w/black
-Yoshi RS-2 Full Titanium Exhaust
-Quadbox FI Power Box
-2K5 2500 Dodge Cummins 4x4 QC w/35's
-EDGE w/Att.

Offline dabigbratj

• TJR Founding Father
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 03:55:24 PM »
any luck ???
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Offline durabostbay

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 08:47:47 AM »
Hi, my sons does the same thing. He got his for Christmas last year so the warrenty is out. I pulled the carb and found no trash or plugged jets. Put carb back on cranked and idled fine hit the gas the first 4 or 5 times and it bogged/died then it started taking the throttle and ran fine for the next couple of trips then same thing happened again. I talked to service dept, at local dealership and they said there had been no wide spread problems, and didnt really have a solution. Hope you find something out and post back.

Thanks,
JC

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:03:08 AM »
Weird... I would say maybe give dipping the carb a try... sounds like it could be water in the gas. (had that happen w/ our old 3wheeler :) )

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once