Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Pro Tec Prefilter Air Box Lid  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Blair

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
Pro Tec Prefilter Air Box Lid
« on: July 25, 2009, 11:27:36 PM »
for those who are interested in adding a bit of extra power while still keeping the stock airbox, this is a much superior alternative to runing with no airbox lid.

the fit and finish is great,

prefilter material sandwichd between two very solid pieces of aluminum.

when i initally put the lid on i noticed that it slid around a little bit and was not totally secure,

a quick trip to home depot for some foam weather stripping solved that problem quite well.

the lid fits extreemly tight right now... and after many many rides (3 months worth of riding) the air filter still looks like brand new, (cleaner than ever with a stock lid) (and i have changed the filter once compared to 4 or 5 times that i would have last season)

the power difference is noticeable, i did not tell 2 of my friends with raptors that i had bought this, last season they were out running me by a lenght or so, this year i am easily taking them by 1 or 2, that is a 2 - 3 quad length difference in about a 1/4 mile...

so for anyone that would like a cleaner air filter, and more power i would not hesitate to reccomend this...

ill get a picture of it on the machine tomorrow...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline Diggs59

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
Re: Pro Tec Prefilter Air Box Lid
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 11:53:22 PM »
How much is this? I'm looking into getting a lid like this or another like EHS in the near future. Right now I'm leaning to the EHS due to them using an OEM lid and you know it'll seal properly. The seal on these types seems to be an easy upgrade though. One more thing, do you think the Protec would flow better than the EHS due to the obvious bigger total entrance area for air?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:58:31 PM by Diggs59 »

Offline Blair

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 12:00:18 AM »
diggs.. its available on RMATV... i think about $90...

add 3 of 4 bucks for the weather stripping... and in my opinion a way better option than the EHS, i looked at both, the amount of extra air that this would give over the EHS would be noticable i think... pluss your not cutting the stock lid... aluminum vs plastic too...
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline Diggs59

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 12:06:14 AM »
pluss your not cutting the stock lid...

:confused:

What? The lid isn't supplied in the kit? You gotta slice your own up?

Offline Blair

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »
if im not mistaken that is what i found when i was looking, and if you wanted a lid from them the price got really high... (i may be wrong and this by no means is a shot at ehs's product)

Offline Diggs59

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 12:33:18 AM »
if im not mistaken that is what i found when i was looking, and if you wanted a lid from them the price got really high... (i may be wrong and this by no means is a shot at ehs's product)

I'm sure the EHS mod is a quality setup. I'm just not into cutting up my own lid. 

Offline Blair

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 12:52:24 AM »
that was my thinking... and the protec fit the bill really well... .

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 06:15:43 AM »
EHS
http://www.ehsracing.com/products/raptor700_airbox_EHS.htm

My Protec didn't come with foam either. Someone had told me there's did  ???
Honestly for the price they could include foam for a total seal...

Ranger

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 07:21:10 AM »
I used some leftover u-channel weatherstrip from my fender flares and put it on the airbox itself, and it's sealed pretty tight now (had to use screwdriver to get the latches on)