Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Troubled Kid(need advice)  (Read 7772 times)

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
Re: Troubled Kid(need advice)
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2019, 01:15:43 PM »
fair enough

no I was gonna go all "sports is stooped" :blah:

but Randy said it best... you're doing what you think is right... and that's all you can do...
I still have teachers that I feel were a big influence.. maybe someday this kid will look back fondly on you

side note:
My brother and I share the same Favorite Teacher (Metal Fabrication class).. big shock there :lol:
and we recently had HIM as a student in a CPL class... and he was NOT a good student! (karma maybe?)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
LOL

sports is no more stoopid than any other human endeavour. could do nothing I guess.  :rofl:

Now, sports as the religion it is in america.... nah. bugs me especially the money flowing into college sports like theyre pros, and still having to pay huge amounts to go to said colleges. I do see the youth level as a way for kids to find their best selves. leaders, followers. heads-down workers... all the while teaching them to love something I once did. and not get fat.

I enjoy the part about kids discovering their own strengths.... Our country doesnt do that enough in my opinion. we just tell em all "you can be whatever you want, if you can dream it, you can do it" because walt disney said so. Then we send them out to into the world with no game plan, to fail and become alcoholics.  :rofl:

I do not coach or parent that way. 

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2019, 04:38:47 PM »
we tend to forget to mention they will have to work hard for it

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2019, 07:27:35 AM »
I truly do believe this.  "you can be whatever you want, if you can dream it, you can do it"
nail on the head, hefer. You'll have to work for it, and some may have to work harder than others to do it. All a part of the game.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2019, 08:37:32 AM »
I truly do believe this.  "you can be whatever you want, if you can dream it, you can do it"
nail on the head, hefer. You'll have to work for it, and some may have to work harder than others to do it. All a part of the game.

:thumbs:

I do too.  but....

we tend to forget to mention they will have to work hard for it

^ that.

and some have to work even harder because it goes against their grain..... All humans are born and raised different, all with different strengths, which can't be taught by pointless college courses or by a soccer or other sport coach. But, you can gently push them in the direction they're naturally suited for to give them an edge.

:soapbox:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2019, 07:40:20 AM »
So my boy Xach is doing well. Still issues of course, but... Hes been placed on the lower age and level team, with the guy who assisted me. It should be good for him.

We do a summer "rec league" for fun, he came up and fist-bumped me. Had his goalkeeper gloves on...  "sup coach, cant wait for the next season"

Starts in two weeks. Relaxin' a bit for now.  :thumbs: