Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: widening kit for the front +6 .. what ya guys think??  (Read 1863 times)

Offline laxdudex77

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
widening kit for the front +6 .. what ya guys think??
« on: May 25, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
yeahh basically .. considering the widening kit for the front..

the goods the bads?

Offline TreeFiddy

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: widening kit for the front +6 .. what ya guys think??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 04:55:08 PM »
Mine has the +6 kit on it, but I'm only using it for +4. I really like it, it makes it MUCH more stable in the turns. I didn't go all the way to +6 just because of the tight trails I sometimes ride. The kit seems solid though, I just make sure to check all nuts/bolts before every ride. I had heard of some people having things work loose.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 05:07:28 PM »
only bad I know of is the tie rod extensions. Tend to bend alot easier than full tie rods. SOme have purchased a set of real plus 2 tie rods.
Also, you get bump-steer when full compressed, due to tie rods pivoting in a different spot than a-arms. In my opinion, If you ride really hard on rough surfaces, better options are out there. This is not a terrible option for the most part though.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
i had a lowering and widening kit on mine and took it off, yea it made it more stable, and it looked sweet, but i felt like i got run over after a day of riding, it makes it sooo much rougher. not worth it in my opinion.