Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Tip See  (Read 5215 times)

Offline 07raptor 350

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Tip See
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:31:34 AM »
After I put my HMF slip on it gave my quad some bawlz and when i turn and give it gas it feels tip see!!!!! I think i might get some spacers to help that but not sure what size to get i know they have 1.5 and 2.5 so it would make it 3in wider or 5in wider what do you guys suggest I get?
HMF slip on, K&N air filter, jetted, full skid plates, orange headlight covers, rear razr1 tires.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
Re: Tip See
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
After I put my HMF slip on it gave my quad some bawlz and when i turn and give it gas it feels tip see!!!!! I think i might get some spacers to help that but not sure what size to get i know they have 1.5 and 2.5 so it would make it 3in wider or 5in wider what do you guys suggest I get?

I would do G-Force extended hubs before I did spacers. If your budget only alows spacers,  G-Force stuff is HIGH quality aluminum.

For around $220 (includes the cost of axle wrench) you can own a GForce axle (adjustable to +2 and +4).

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline 07raptor 350

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »
So just getting these would make it wider, if that works i might just get these. But would i need new wheel bearings?

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webTypeId=17&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=14797#vehicleSelect
HMF slip on, K&N air filter, jetted, full skid plates, orange headlight covers, rear razr1 tires.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 10:38:52 AM »
So just getting these would make it wider, if that works i might just get these. But would i need new wheel bearings?

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webTypeId=17&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=14797#vehicleSelect

No. You will not need new bearings.

The extended hubs are really nice.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline 07raptor 350

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 10:41:33 AM »
Ohh no shit thanks bryan i might get those hubs now thanks for the help!!!!

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »
Ohh no shit thanks bryan i might get those hubs now thanks for the help!!!!

That's what we're here for!

:thumbs:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »
another thing, if your not into big mx jumps, you could get a lowering kit, mine lowers and widens the front by 3 inches, and the back is adjustable to lower up to 4 inches. only around 100 bucks too  :thumbs:

Offline 07raptor 350

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 05:51:47 PM »
That will not work for me since I love hitting jumps with mine but if I just raced mine all the time i would do that, but those hubs are almost the same price as spacers but the hubs are aluminum wich is awesome and i hear some people say spacers brake!!!!

Offline Jester2893

• Street Cred: 5
  • Someone buy me a KFX450 or a Can-am 450. =]
    • My Feedback
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 08:55:54 PM »
That will not work for me since I love hitting jumps with mine but if I just raced mine all the time i would do that, but those hubs are almost the same price as spacers but the hubs are aluminum wich is awesome and i hear some people say spacers brake!!!!

Spacers break, as can extended hubs. Both are not full-proof.
=[

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 07:34:20 AM »

Spacers break, as can extended hubs. Both are not full-proof.
you beat me to it lol... but i hit jumps too, im talking about like mx style jumps, like 10-15 ft and more.

Offline 07raptor 350

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »
Those are the size of the jumps I hit I go to a race track and there are some big table tops there 20ft.. Should i just get the hubs for the back and save some money or should i just get front and back?

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
i dont even know if it would be safe for hubs? not sure though i dont really know much about them, id say just save up for a g force axle

Offline 07raptor 350

• Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 07:13:45 AM »
Yeah I have the money for the g force axle in the bank but I would need to get something for my front to make it wider to?

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »
Yeah I have the money for the g force axle in the bank but I would need to get something for my front to make it wider to?

They do make a small spacer for the front. I own a GForce set and they do make it about 2'' wider.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »

I would do G-Force extended hubs before I did spacers. If your budget only alows spacers,  G-Force stuff is HIGH quality aluminum.

For around $220 (includes the cost of axle wrench) you can own a GForce axle (adjustable to +2 and +4).

~Brian

You dont need an axle wrench for it.
And if u want to look around i have these ITP front rims that were only $20 each and widens the front out 2 inches.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:50:19 PM by Livingmylife93 »