Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Got my first truck  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
Got my first truck
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:18:42 PM »
I got my first vehicle a few days ago.
I picked up a 1989 Ford F-150 4x4.

The goods: 
It has an automatic transmission, Power locks and windows, Cruise control, CD player, 8 foot bed, V8 302 Engine, and some other goodies from back in the day. I only paid $500. It came with all the chrome names that are missing in the pics, i have to put them back on. The interior is nice, but like everything needs some work.... Nothing a few floor mats and seat covers cant fix ;)  The interior is nicer then it looks in the picture.

The Bads:
Needs some minor body work above the rear wheels, has a few electrical problems, and has the normal leaks of an old vehicle and a lot of things that can be fixed. Not everything works perfectly, but within 4 months Ill have everything right.

It needs a lot of work until I can get it on the road, but I have 4 months until i even get my license, so I'm still ahead of the game. We bought it from a friend of my dads that lives in southern Maryland, so it was a 3 hour tow home. It was sitting on a farm doing nothing for about 3 years, so you can imagine what comes of that. Ill keep you updated with everything i do to it. There sure is a lot of work that needs to be done to it, and im really looking forward to getting into it. The gas in it is 3 years old, so its running pretty shitty for now. Crossing the Chesapeake bay bridge with this thing on the trailer during a hail storm was scary as shit. 

Thanks guys, let me know what you think.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:20:15 PM by Livingmylife93 »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Got my first truck
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:50:49 PM »
Congrats on the first ride! Promise you won't put any Calvin pissing on Chevy stickers on it. I hate that :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »
Congrats on the first ride! Promise you won't put any Calvin pissing on Chevy stickers on it. I hate that :lol:

lol, i wont..
As you can see in the other pictures my dads truck is a chevy, and it did one hell of a job hauling this thing home  :thumbs:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 09:24:04 PM »
Nice!!  I love my trucks, just can't drive a car anymore, feels to small  :grin_nod:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »
one of my highschool friends had tht EXACT same year and color truck..

The thing was a tank. He went ditch hoppin w/ that thing. She took some abuse for sure.  :thumbs:

I need one of those deals!!! :(

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline robkd

• Street Cred: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 02:28:40 PM »
looks like a great first truck to me!