Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Warrior (raptor) 350 wont turn over unless....  (Read 7216 times)

Offline bustedplastic

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
Warrior (raptor) 350 wont turn over unless....
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:10:09 PM »
I figured you guys may be able to help me out with this, since I think the warrior and rappy 350s are the same.  So I turn the key on the warrior, hit the starter button, and it clicks.  It will not turn over.  Battery has juice.  So i take a large scredriver and arc the two large posts on the relay and it fires right up.  Does this mean the relay is shot?  I hope this is the problem, even though the damned things are 40 bucks....

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Warrior (raptor) 350 wont turn over unless....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:16:05 PM »
I figured you guys may be able to help me out with this, since I think the warrior and rappy 350s are the same.  So I turn the key on the warrior, hit the starter button, and it clicks.  It will not turn over.  Battery has juice.  So i take a large scredriver and arc the two large posts on the relay and it fires right up.  Does this mean the relay is shot?  I hope this is the problem, even though the damned things are 40 bucks....

Or you have a loose ground wire somewhere.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline i12gofast

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »
I have the same problem with my 06 Raptor.  Changed the solenoid, and it didnt fix anything.  Im going to check for loose connections, but has anyone else had this problem and rectified it?

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »
So, if you jump the solenoid. It will start up?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline bustedplastic

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 04:39:10 PM »
mine was the relay/solenoid/whateverit'scalled.  so i can't help ya...

Offline i12gofast

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 06:53:55 PM »
Barely, and only with the jump box connected.  Similiar siuation even with the new solenoids and start circuit cutoff relays.  Checked all connections throughout the entire quad, completely stumped.  Trying to avoid taking it to the stealership.  Thanks!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:22:21 AM »
So. It barely turns ovr when you have a charger hooked to the battery w/ the solenoid jump method?

What happens when you hook a charger to the battery and try using just the starter button?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline i12gofast

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »
So. It barely turns ovr when you have a charger hooked to the battery w/ the solenoid jump method?

What happens when you hook a charger to the battery and try using just the starter button?

Yes, and it barely starts with the poitive lead from the charger directly on the other side of the solenoid.   And with charger hooked up to battery while using the start button, solenoid clicks rapidly, starter doesnt engage.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »
have you gone straight from the battery to the starter? or from a charger to the starter? to rule out the solenoid. nevermind read first post again.

I am still thinking a wire is loose, or solenoid is gone bye bye.

long shot.... the battery is it REALLY okay? Have you done a load test on it? It could be just bad enough that the extra circuits of the solenoid and others are zapping it down enough that it gets weak?

starter switch shorting out somehow?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 08:33:07 AM »
+1

If it turns over slow when jumping the solenoid... I can only think bad battery.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline i12gofast

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »
have you gone straight from the battery to the starter? or from a charger to the starter? to rule out the solenoid. nevermind read first post again.

long shot.... the battery is it REALLY okay? Have you done a load test on it? It could be just bad enough that the extra circuits of the solenoid and others are zapping it down enough that it gets weak?

Ill check everything again and get back to you guys.  I have another battery and solenoid i can swap out of my 2004 warrior to trouble shoot with.  i know that quad runs and starts fine.  If that doesnt do it, i'll just strip it down and sell the parts, i'm at the end of my rope with this POS.

These stupid electrical problems really make me appreciate my Banshee!  ;)

Thanks for all your help fellas!

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 01:32:25 PM »
check the spring on your cam decompression mechanism too, if it's not doing it's job, it'll be a tough starting beotch.

Aaron

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »

Ill check everything again and get back to you guys.  I have another battery and solenoid i can swap out of my 2004 warrior to trouble shoot with.  i know that quad runs and starts fine.  If that doesnt do it, i'll just strip it down and sell the parts, i'm at the end of my rope with this POS.

These stupid electrical problems really make me appreciate my Banshee!  ;)

Thanks for all your help fellas!

I will stay away from the obvious joke here. :lol:  I hope you get this thing running. :thumbs: