Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: A little advice please  (Read 2130 times)

Offline apkraptor04

• Street Cred: 0
A little advice please
« on: April 01, 2009, 10:48:37 AM »
I am going to install the tusk clutch kit with HD springs in my 06 rappy 350. I have never had my bike apart and i am wondering the "average" time it is supposed to take to replace the clutch. I know about the 27mm nut that sounds like a pain to remove. I just dont want to be up all night putting this thing together. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
Re: A little advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »
If you're smarter than the average bear, the clutch assembly isn't too tough to install. It does take some basic skills and tools to accomplish the install.

Since it's your first time, I would not rush the install. Take your time!!!! You'll want to tackle it with a clear head. If all goes as planned, and taking your time you should be able to knock it out in three hours or less.

Welcome aboard,

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline apkraptor04

• Street Cred: 0
Re: A little advice please
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »
awesome thank you very much sir. Yes i build propane delivery trucks for a living and tinker with cars my whole life so i have a good amount of knowledge. i just dont want to spend an entire week outta a bike because i jumped in the shallow end head first ya know? anyways thank you for your feedback and thanks for the welcome.