Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: pics of stock vs elka link  (Read 1569 times)

Offline swanny2069

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
pics of stock vs elka link
« on: March 29, 2009, 01:01:39 AM »
Just thought I would post some pics of the differences between the stock and elka rear link and why the stock shock will not fit the elka link. Also notice the elka link is longer.

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: pics of stock vs elka link
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:51:58 AM »
I suppose making the link too small to accept the OEM shock is one way to ensure that only the Elka or similar eyelet gets used.  Good to know, as I was thinking of picking one up anyway.  Thanks for the pictures, pretty clear understanding now of the differences.

Looks like you have a TCS rebuilt OEM rear there.  You'll have to let me know how the new elka feels vs the TCS.  I've got an Elka rebuilt OEM rear that needs to be rebuilt again but if it's throwing good money after bad I would reconsider.

Offline swanny2069

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: pics of stock vs elka link
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »
I basicly use the stock tcs rebuild as a back up spare now. The stock rebuild seems to fade on some of the long races I do, although I like the way it performs until it just gets too hot. I keep switching back and forth between the stock link set up and the elka link set up. Think I might be finally leaning more toward the elka link set up even though it tends to bottom out more, the elka link actually increase the amount of up travel you have too. I've been haveing problems with one of my elka shocks and its been making things difficult to decide which feels better the stock or elka link due to the elka shock I have set up for the stock link not working properly. When its time for my shocks to be rebuilt I send them to TCS/Race Tech, elka's included. Except for the elka i have been having problems with it was still under warranty, although it cost me over $100.00 to send it to them due to some kind of b.s. brokerage fees.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:10:03 PM by swanny2069 »