Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: New arms  (Read 2779 times)

Offline P.I.M.P.

• Street Cred: 0
New arms
« on: March 12, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
So I want some new A-arms and only want them to widen them to match my rears. I have a durablue 2+2 on the back so I guess I just want some +2 and really don't want to lose any height. I don't race so I'm probably not going to be to hard on them. I like jumpin dunes so I definitely need something that will be as good as stock if not better. I've never had anything go wrong with the stock so that's why I'm comparing them to those. I don't need long travel and don't want to replace the shocks. Anybody have any they want to get rid of or know where I can find some for around $300?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: New arms
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:32:08 PM »
laeger's lonestar... cheaper ones are full flight arms. They are OK. Each joint is separately adjustable. :thumbs:

check ebay, and KB motorsports here
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Bocephus

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:27:34 PM »
cheapest ones iv found (new) are full flight.  iv heard mixed feelings about them.  some say good, some say bad.  however, one thing that alot of people will agree on is their crappy tie rods.  most people end up bending them.  my buddy has a set of the flights on his yfz450.  they have been good to him other than the tie rods.  one of them completely collapsed.  he was not doing anything out of the norm either.  so, if you are going to get full flights, and you ride trails/recreation........id suggest better tie rods.

i didnt want to break the bank when i was shopping for arms either.  i narrowed it down to either "wicked" or "ASR" (american star racing).  they are similar in price.  you can get the wicked's in quite a few different colors for free....you have to pay for that option with ASR.  the thing that sold me on the asr's is their customer service.  you can find both products on ebay.

another company getting VERY popular is JD performance.  i know a few vendors on the site carry them.  i have never even seen a set, other than in pics.....but alot of people on the forums are starting to get them.  they are a good bang for your buck shock.

id also like to add that you should also look into some yfz450 or raptor SE front shocks.  both of them make a HUGE difference over the front stock shocks.  the raptor SE shocks can be had for 250-300.....the yfz's seem to go a little cheaper as long as they are not brand new.
2005 719 trail beater

Barker +4 rod/crank, 102mm 11:1 CP,Stage 3 Hotcam, KW springs, Ferrea valves, 39mm FCR's, ported by CSR
Monster dual exhaust, Hinson clutch & billet basket
RPM Dominator II +4 axle, homemade +2 swinger, Elka shock & link
ASR +2 a-arms, raptor SE shocks
ITP SS112 wheels w/ Maxxis Razr II's
Trail Tech Vapor
Pro Design shifter
PRM skid plates

Offline P.I.M.P.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:36:54 PM »
Cool! Thanks for the info anybody else have anything to say? Do you have any pics of them?

Offline Bocephus

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »
these are my ASRs

2005 719 trail beater

Barker +4 rod/crank, 102mm 11:1 CP,Stage 3 Hotcam, KW springs, Ferrea valves, 39mm FCR's, ported by CSR
Trail Tech Vapor
Pro Design shifter
PRM skid plates

Offline P.I.M.P.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 11:04:36 PM »
Did you use your stock lines? These look good on your quad! It helps mine is the same color :thumbs:  Any problems with them yet? How's your steering, do they rub anywhere? I posted pics of mine in the 660 area.

Offline Bocephus

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »
yes, stock brake lines.  and i dont know what you mean by rubbing.......i dont know where they would rub lol.
2005 719 trail beater

Trail Tech Vapor
Pro Design shifter
PRM skid plates

Offline P.I.M.P.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 11:24:54 PM »
Just read somewhere on here someone was having some trouble with something rubbing with the +1 forward or something. Not sure if it was the ASRs or not. I'll try to find it. Are yours gray or black? Look gray in one pic but black in the other. Need to know what the mfgr. calls that also. Thanks

Offline Bocephus

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 06:38:07 AM »
2005 719 trail beater

Trail Tech Vapor
Pro Design shifter
PRM skid plates

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
Ishock makes a good kit for the 660 too.. (if you're looking for a kit) I know SegKast on here has that setup on his. I can't comment on the 660 version, but I love mine for the 700. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline P.I.M.P.

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »
Cool thanks! I just have a little extra cash after doing the 686 kit. I'd like to get some. So I heard that if you get regular elkas you can put ressies on them later? Any truth to this? 

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »
Yup, you can just send them on to Elka and they'll convert them for ya :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline P.I.M.P.

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 04:31:32 PM »
Do you know how much they do that for? Is it worth it or just go all out? Do you know what editions you can do that with or is it all? Anybody try the dune edition?

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
I'm not sure the cost or what specific editions it's doable to.. I know for sure they can to the dune edition.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »
I would check with elka as I'm not sure that their preload only shocks will take the remote res but the rest will.  The remote res is 325+ w/o adjustments and 475+ with.