Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: I dont get it  (Read 2515 times)

Offline 07raptor 350

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
I dont get it
« on: May 25, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »
Alright i put my jets in today 155main and 25pilot with HMF slip on, K&N air filter with airbox lid off and its running like shit!!!! I give it gas when it idles then it just dies right away... I turned the mixture screw 2.5 turns to the out should I turn it in all the way then do the 2.5 turns out or that will not make a differnce? Idk can anyone help me im so frustrated , please give me some info on this shit im so lost!!!! I looked on here and people have the same set up as i do with the same elevation....
HMF slip on, K&N air filter, jetted, full skid plates, orange headlight covers, rear razr1 tires.

Offline BoisBlancBoy

• Email
Re: I dont get it
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:49:38 AM »
Yes, first turn your mixture screw clockwise until it stops.  Then back it out 2.5-3 turns.  If you didnt tighten it in all the way first then you have it back way too far out and that would most likely be the reason it is running like dog pooo!

Offline 07raptor 350

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »
ERMAHGERD i hope that is it man, I will go mess with that right now before it gets dark!!!!!
HMF slip on, K&N air filter, jetted, full skid plates, orange headlight covers, rear razr1 tires.

Offline 07raptor 350

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 05:47:38 PM »
I did the mixture screw thing, it runs but it feels like my quad has no balls, i tried to do a wheelie and there was no way i was lifting it up so it must not be the mixture screw any other thought? Do you think i got the wrong jets 155main 25pilot?

Offline BoisBlancBoy

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 06:02:40 AM »
If you have a brand new plug, put it in there and run at a decent speed for 10 minutes.  Then pull the plug out and let us know what color it is?  This will give us another clue as to what is going on.

Offline 07raptor 350

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 04:14:22 PM »
AHHH my nightmare is over thank GERD, I put a new spark plug in yesterday and it would just shut off and would not run at all. But today I turned it on and she started right up and ran awesome!!!!! Weird i know but its running and thats all that matters!!! Checked my spark plug and that seems to be ok. But yeah the guys that have the HMF slip on you were right it sounds really good and now it pops up real easy in 3rd gear thats what i wanted it was deff worth it.... I love it :) Thanks to everyone that helped me out on this jetting problem!!!!