Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Ban on youth quads and bikes?!?  (Read 4372 times)

Offline zx10r203

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • NOMAD SYNDICATE
    • Email

Offline Warren

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
Re: Ban on youth quads and bikes?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:04:47 AM »
well that's a load of garbage. seems that they will just have to make everything out of billet aluminum or steel. no more alloys of metals. seems that all the alloy metals they talked about are the problem because they contain lead.

i think this is a bunch of crap regaurdless though.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 06:37:34 AM »
Wow that's just crazy :mad:
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Oilfield_Mafia

• VIP
  • Team Prick! FTW!
    • Diesel Bombers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 07:54:24 AM »
Yep I was talkin to someone about this the other day in the chat... My Yam shop said they are pulling them all on Feb 10th.. and they may or may not come back to the showroom .. depends on the court hearing.. Pretty dumb to me. I know my kids are smart enough not to EAT the ATV's at our house.

:mad: :mad:
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 08:35:55 AM »
Yep I was talkin to someone about this the other day in the chat... My Yam shop said they are pulling them all on Feb 10th.. and they may or may not come back to the showroom .. depends on the court hearing.. Pretty dumb to me. I know my kids are smart enough not to EAT the ATV's at our house.

It is pretty stupid. I'm calling the local dealer today and see what is going on with this. If its true I might be buying a 90 very soon.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Oilfield_Mafia

• VIP
  • Team Prick! FTW!
    • Diesel Bombers
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:25:05 AM »
:lol: you got 7 days left.. Im pretty sure Feb 10th is the date they all get taken from the showrooms, and it will be a $10,000 fine if a dealer sells them after that. Untill of course, the gooberment deems these ATV's to be inedible.. :lol:
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 10:48:44 AM »
Yeah, dealer told me about this. But it would only affect Raptor 50.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline zx10r203

• VIP
  • NOMAD SYNDICATE
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 11:50:20 AM »

It is pretty stupid. I'm calling the local dealer today and see what is going on with this. If its true I might be buying a 90 very soon.

Well the problem with that is you will not have any replacement parts either.  Its a single use item.  If it breaks, toss it!!

Offline wastednuts

• Street Cred: 3
  • Glamis live the life
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
that means kids under 12 cant ride in cars too  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 03:08:22 PM »
Atv's are tasty.

Mmmmmm.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline zx10r203

• VIP
  • NOMAD SYNDICATE
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 03:18:31 PM »
Atv's are tasty.

Mmmmmm.

~Brian

When I read the article I found myself thinking about how retard would a kid have to be to try to eat an atv or dirt bike?? Or how stupid is the person who came up with this "ban"???  Stupid people get on my nerves  :mad: :mad:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 03:24:48 PM »
Yeah, that irks me too.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Email
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 06:27:20 AM »
wtf? :confused:
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 08:23:44 AM »
wtf? :confused:
this threads from februaury. but i think the ban is still on?

Offline XC_Raptor700R

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
The AMA Needs Your Voice
CPSC Extension for Youth ATVs A Must
By: Jason Giacchino

On Dec. 1, 2010, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) voted 3-1-1 to extend, by 60-days the date by which manufacturers of youth-model all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) must begin using accredited third-party laboratories to certify that ATVs meet the safety standards of section 232 of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008. The deadline was Nov. 26.

To view the Federal Register notice regarding the "Extension of the Date by Which Youth All-Terrain Vehicles Must Be Tested and Certified," head to: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/2010-30981.htm

The new deadline follows an industry petition for a 60-day extension because no such accredited labs exist to conduct these tests in order to comply with the new provisions. Even with the 60-day extension, the industry states that it will be unlikely enough labs will be online by the new January 25, 2011 deadline.

The vote that occurred on Dec. 1, 2010, considered only the 60-day extension. However, along with the request for a 60-day extension, the industry is seeking "other forms of relief", such as a one-year stay of enforcement until November 27, 2011. The CPSC invites comments now until December 30, 2010, on the one-year stay.

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and the All-Terrain Vehicle Association (ATVA) applaud the CPSC for considering this vote to extend the stay. By extending the stay for ATVS, the CPSC provides more time for all vehicle manufacturers, including U.S. businesses, to conform to new safety standards.

The riding community needs to let the CPSC know that we want the one-year stay. The AMA and the ATVA need your help to let the Chairman and Commissioners of the CPSC know how we feel. Riders should send comments to the CPSC and urge them to support the one-year stay of enforcement until November 27, 2011.

You can contact the CPSC at the address below and entering your information. The AMA and ATVA have provided sample language (below) to copy and paste in section two.

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#submitComment?R=0900006480bb287d

Sample language to copy/paste:

Mr. Todd Stevenson
Office of the Secretary
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Room 820
Bethesda, MD 20814
SENT VIA ELECTRONIC MAIL

Re: Docket No. CPSC-2010-0115-Third Party Testing and Certification of Youth All Terrain Vehicles: Request for Stay of Enforcement and Other Relief

Dear Mr. Stevenson:

I am writing to submit comments to the Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC") regarding third party testing and certification of youth all-terrain vehicles: Request for stay of enforcement and other relief.

As you know, on Dec. 1, 2010, the CPSC voted 3-1-1 to extend, by 60 days, the date by which manufacturers of youth-model all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) must begin using accredited third-party laboratories. These laboratories certify that these ATVs meet the safety standards (section 232) of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008. The deadline was Nov. 26.

The new deadline follows an industry petition for a 60-day extension because no such accredited labs exist to conduct these tests to comply with the new provisions. Even with the 60-day extension, the industry states that it will be unlikely enough labs will be online by the new January 25, 2011 deadline.

The vote that occurred on Dec. 1, 2010, considered only the 60-day extension. However, along with the request for a 60-day extension, the industry is seeking "other forms of relief", such as a one-year stay of enforcement until November 27, 2011.

I strongly recommend the CPSC extend the stay of enforcement until November 27, 2011. I understand the American Motorcyclist Association and the All-Terrain Vehicle Association supports the extension of the stay of enforcement. By extending the stay for ATVs, the CPSC provides more time for all youth-model ATV manufacturers, including those in the U.S., to conform to new safety regulations.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this important matter.

Sincerely,
-Your Name Here

For more ways you can help to exempt youth-model motorcycles and ATVs from the CPSIA or for more information about the issue:
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/news/story.asp?id=629&s=banner

Please write the CPSC today and urge them to support a one-year stay of enforcement until November 27, 2011.

About the American Motorcyclist Association
Since 1924, the AMA has promoted and protected the motorcycling lifestyle. AMA members come from all walks of life and they navigate many different routes on their journey to the same destination: freedom on two wheels. As the world's largest motorcycle organization with nearly 300,000 members, the AMA advocates for motorcyclists' interests in the halls of local, state and federal government, the committees of international governing organizations and the court of public opinion. Through member clubs, promoters and partners, the AMA sanctions more motorsports competition events than any other organization in the world. Through its Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum, the AMA preserves the heritage of motorcycling for future generations. For more information, visit www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com.

Are you going to be writing to the CPSC? We want to know!
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com