Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: YFM EVOLUTION  (Read 8328 times)

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
YFM EVOLUTION
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »
RAPTOR SOURCE DISCLAIMER:

Alright, I know my smilies are off for you bastards.... I'll go through and redo them when I get a few min... but in the meantime:

So, I'm curious to see the evolution of everyone's bikes. From dealer (or dude you bought it from) to your current build/mods, show and tell us how you've progressed from the stages from 'Bolt on Beginner' to 'Master Modder'. Post pics of the different stages if you have 'em !

STAGE 1:

I left the dealer w/ my brand new '05 YFM660R with nothin but paddles and fronts for the dunes. Took off on the 5 hour drive south to go break it in, in the sand on the coast :thumb: Popped my lid off :D

I left the Oregon Coast headed back north toward home, the whole 5 hours thinkin about how much I loved my new quad after comin off my old stock 300ex :lol: (nothin but shitty Sand Geckos on the back) CAN'T WAIT to get back to the sand... :sport:

STAGE 2:

I got some Nerfs for Christmas. SWEET, that's out of the way... I start researching the net for what Pipe to buy, along with whatever other cheap mods I could do, and run across Raptor Forum. I lurked for a while, learning what I could about the basic shit. I ended up purchasing a CT pipe, K&N Proflow, and a 12t sprocket.

I ran this setup one trip in the sand w/ just the bolt-ons and got the bug BAD when I got back. This was about the time I joined up at RF to start posting. I bought a Billet Iron Cross tail light, shock covers, and a set of a-arm guards off a member. It was also around this time I decided I needed to have a wider setup to use the bike properly. :weld:

STAGE 3:

So by now I've become quite a little post-whore, and can't stay off the damn forum, tryin to learn as much as possible, while generally BS'n and givin shit to RaptorKid's curb slammin ass :Hilarious: I took off my Nerfs, bars, and bumps and took 'em to the PC shop:

I found a good deal on e-bay and practically stole my i-5500 kid Brand New in Box from a guy who'd wrecked his bike before he could get it on. (Or he stole it literally :thumbsdown: )
    Either way, I'm stoked ! I got a new front end that will actually do something ! :pervrock: :dance1: Unfortunately, I had to sell my CT pipe to help fund the front end... Bum deal. :banghead: :banghead:
     I also picked up a Stage 1 Hotcam and an Hyperco spring for my rear shock. Having never really done anything other than standard maintenence on a quad I was a bit intimidated to do the cam, but FINALLY after spending HOURS working on that, along w/ the front end, my brother and I roll out of town at 11:30PM and head south toward Florence. We roll IN to camp about 5:30AM .... And sleep for 2 hours after making camp before we ride...

Once I get my first good ride in, I'm stoked I made the swap - it was well worth it ! Still - annoyed to be running my stock pipe after running the CT setup though...  :thumbsdown: Never did get that damn spring on the rear though :think: 

STAGE 4:

Decide it's time for some smaller stuff (cause I couldn't afford the bigger stuff :D ) , so I snagged a billet shifter, chassis skid, Out N' Back Rack, and shaved my fenders. Sold off my stock arms (along w/ the guards) and shocks to help pay for myself to get another CT pipe (used this time). I was REALLY happy with my first one. Got my pipe back !:pervjump: :beerchug:

STAGE 4.5 .... :wtf:

Raptor Forum turns into the equivalent of a corporate abortion, :Hilarious: and I wasn't on much, so didn't have the moddin itch too bad until the last Raptor Rally in Florence. Picked up a Dr. D lever and FINALLY found a good deal on the PRM bumper I wanted on e-bay. Got that PC'd up and lookin fresh :pervthumbsup: I also snagged a billet dash cause I hated that damn plastic piece, and a wider grab bar w/ some good leverage. :blahblah:

STAGE 5: (also known as the 'Damnit Strkr quit sellin me shit !' stage)

Somehow Nate and Strkr tag team me. Nate sells me a swinger, Strkr sell me the billet carrier to match, and trailtechs. I'm STOKED... now I can actually launch! :awesome:
   It was just about this time I started getting hassled to buy a HR 719 stroker kit (by who, I won't say... :lol: ). unfortunately for me, I didn't have the money at the time due to Christmas being right around the corner, so I was out of luck... Fortunately, my birthday was ALSO just around the corner :D (Thanks Pops!) :birthday: Strkr tossed in some Pro-Tapers to sweeten the deal. Thanks Bro! :beerchug:
  So my Pops hooked me up for my birthday/Christmas with the cranks and piston setup from Hot Rods, SICK. :banana: (Somehow without talking to him Strkr convinced my dad to snag some LTE's and a Dobeck for my brother's 08se as well.... damn - you should sell shit for a living or something ! :lol: )

Update your post as you mod :coolshades:

So by the time this stage is over I'll be rocking a 719 w/ a +4  swinger, LSR Axle, A little bit of billet, a Stage 2 hotcam, (a finally installed-maybe...) Hyperco rear spring, and some LTE Duals....

:Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1: :Ride1:

:bling: :drive: :weld: :usa: :pimp: :boxing:

:bananadance:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
Re: YFM EVOLUTION
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »
Good Post!!

Stage 1 -
Picked up a 2006 Raptor 700 from a dealer for $3699! It was in great condition and only had a few scrapes. Couldn't believe i finally had it and how much power it had after coming off my modded raptor 350. Came with GYTR exhaust, & some nerfs.

Stage 2 -
Got some Razr 2's (rears only) for my b-day. Threw the custom warning labels on there from my 350.

Stage 3 - (current condition)
Paint my Rims, Grab Bar, and Bumper Black. Got a black hood. Threw my handguards from the 350 on there.

Stage 4- (in the works)
Going to be throwing my trailtech endurance and trailtech dash on there. Also get some Fat Bars.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 03:52:08 PM by Livingmylife93 »

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:55:17 PM »
Great thread idea!

You have a Pilot? We used to have one. Awesome!!!!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 04:18:41 PM »
Nice lookin Bike Livin !

My Dad has a Pilot. I keep my bike at his house 'cause he's got the dope a garage with all the tools, the space, a hydo car lift, and most importantly HEAT ! That all makes it nice for turnin wrenches, but aside from that - A lot safer neighborhood than mine :lol:

It's an 89 Pilot w/ a relocated radiator, Works triples Rate remote rezzies all around, Race seat/baja bump, trip computer thing, New clutch work, and a brand new engine, (P&P'd) from ATV Racing in AZ and some other cra I can't remember. That thing goes ANYWHERE in the dunes that's wide enough :thumbs: I love it. We had a '90 that was my mom's - it was pretty cherry, he sold that for I think $7500 last winter ... hard to see it go :(
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Temptation

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 14
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »
Here is mine I used a Stock photo of what it was like from dealership to what I have now.

1st MOD

Then the newest Mod

And here is the first time since October the plastics and the frame have met.

\

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »
One of the nicest 660's around..... Interested to see what the next round brings, Gary :thumbs:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Temptation

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 05:42:06 PM »
Lots of Chrome from the Joka

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 05:58:02 PM »
Nice Temptation!!!

I feel bad for whoever is trying to look at this thread on dial up lol.  :rofl:

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
I was just thinkin the same thing sittin here tryin to load it all with Cable... :lol: Gettin annoyed that it takes 25sec.... 15 years ago... I don't even know...
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 06:01:26 PM »
Nice Temptation!!!

I feel bad for whoever is trying to look at this thread on dial up lol.  :rofl:

+1 The Temptation OCD build!!!!! :lol:  it took forever with my high speed.  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Temptation

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »
Well you wanted the EVOLUTION.... :rofl: :rofl:

By the way you owe me some Karma for spending 20 minutes cutting and pasting from Photobucket........ :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 06:06:09 PM by Temptation »

Offline fastraptor

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
WOW I will say it again backwards  WOW  what a nice quad and thanks for all the pics of the build!!!!
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:45 PM »
(missed this thread being in the 660 section....  :lol: )

awesome builds you guys! :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Danny T

• Street Cred: 3
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »
damn temptation, now i know why u trailer her every where... fag.... haha kidding thats badass man really nice i love it. very creative wish i was that capable.

Offline Temptation

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 08:29:34 AM »
damn temptation, now i know why u trailer her every where... FA O0  G.... haha kidding thats badass man really nice i love it. very creative wish i was that capable.

UMMM  Thanks I think.. ??? ???    Just admit it you would :humper: as soon as you seen it....ahahahaha