Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Went to start the 350 today...  (Read 891 times)

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
Went to start the 350 today...
« on: October 09, 2008, 07:18:09 PM »
Ok, ill tell  everything that happened.

The 350 has been sitting for 2 months now, untouched. Its outside under the deck under a cover.

When i put it away, i turned the fuel off and ran it till it stopped. It was also completely out of fuel.

Went to start it up yesterday, nothing. Killed the battery and gave up.  Did the same thing today, nothing. Got my dad to drag me around on his grizzly to hot start it. Before he started pulling me i put it in 1st gear while i was hooking it up so it wouldnt role down the hill, then when he was ready to start pulling me i tried taking it out of 1st but no luck, so i just pulled the clutch in and tried hot starting it in 1st rather than second. No luck after trying that 3 times. Then realized the gas was off... Turned gas on, still no luck. The engine would turnover, but never fire up.

After fighting the shift lever for a while it finaly went into 2nd, but it went in really hard and with a thump. So got moving and tried another rolling start. Wheels just slid, then THUD. Something went wrong. As my dad was dragging me back to the garage, i had it in gear and it was moving like it was in neutral. It was making a  tick/rattle noise from the stator/shifter side of the engine. For a while i thought i blew a rod or something and was just like screw this thing and took a break.

Then thought about it and went back to it. The starter will still turn the engine over. I have compression,fuel, and spark. At this point i could push it when it was in gear. And i could shift through the gears and feel them, but they dont feel right. So i left it alone for a while then went back about 3 hours later to put it away. I pushed the starter button just because. And whamm! It starts right up. So i let it run for a minute or 2, then put it in gear. Still wont move. When it is running in gear there is a rattle from the stator of the engine. When i put it in neutral, the rattle goes away. The cluth lever seems to have no affect. It is putting no power to wheels at all. It wont even try to move in any gear.

So it starts now, but still wont move  :help:

This thing is for sale, so i would like to fix it quickly, if it costs more than a $150 in parts im selling it as is.

Im thinking, bad clutch. Or broken linkage or something in the engine.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:20:25 PM by Livingmylife93 »

Offline shookie

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Went to start the 350 today...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:48:54 PM »
Id say clutch but it sounds like its geting in gear but the main gear is tore up hell idk ha
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Offline 05 Raptor350

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:08:40 PM »
Im not sure but once i forgot to pull it back into drive from reverse and the lever was in the middle inbetween...i went to start in it and it was making a rattling on the shift lever side...i could put it into gear but it didnt move it just reved up...it went away when i put it in neutral...then back in gear and kept rattttling...then realized after i went inside and that was it...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:10:56 PM by 05 Raptor350 »

2005 Rappy 350 SE....

TrailTech Vapor.+.Dashboard.....Tusk Hand Guards...
GYTR Pipe.....GYTR Heel Guards.....GYTR Nerfs....
GYTR Front Grab Bar.....GYTR Rear Grab Bar.....
GYTR A-Arm+Chain Skids....GYTR Chain Guard....
K&N Filer with GYTR Prefiter...Black Fatbar...Moose Block off Plate...

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:06:34 PM »
Im not sure but once i forgot to pull it back into drive from reverse and the lever was in the middle inbetween...i went to start in it and it was making a rattling on the shift lever side...i could put it into gear but it didnt move it just reved up...it went away when i put it in neutral...then back in gear and kept rattttling...then realized after i went inside and that was it...
Dude, i f  :mad: cking love you.

That's what it was!
I have no idea how it happened because i never touched the reverse know in the process, but damn!
Yay, i love it when things are simple, i never even thought to look at that.
I was about to sell it as is for $1000, then someone would take it home and find this out  :lol:

Offline 05 Raptor350

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »
gooood to hear it...

2005 Rappy 350 SE....

TrailTech Vapor.+.Dashboard.....Tusk Hand Guards...
GYTR Pipe.....GYTR Heel Guards.....GYTR Nerfs....
GYTR Front Grab Bar.....GYTR Rear Grab Bar.....
GYTR A-Arm+Chain Skids....GYTR Chain Guard....
K&N Filer with GYTR Prefiter...Black Fatbar...Moose Block off Plate...