Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Re: NO RACIAL/RACIST STUFF  (Read 2025 times)

Offline realdeal

• Street Cred: 1
Re: NO RACIAL/RACIST STUFF
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »
I HOPE U GUYS WILL NOT ALLOW THE RACIST COMMENTS THAT WERE BEING DISCUSSED OVER AT RAPTORFORUM.
as in????????????????? you wouldnt be talking about the Obama stuff would you. If so i dont believe there was an attack on someone or some race. There was a good bit of discussion about one should not soley base his/her descision on the president of the USA by thier race or sex.
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

FORMERLY KNOWN AS RAP7HUNDRED

Offline DAMONZX12R

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:11:36 PM »
Actually yes i am talking about the Obama topics, and if you read through them yes there were comments about blacks and women to be exact. Mostly done by a select few members.
06 RAPTOR 700
GYTR FULL EXHAUST
PC3R
15T
GYTR INTAKE,FILTER
03 ZX12R DRAG BIKE

Offline realdeal

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 02:19:28 PM »
Im am fully aware of the topics. I posted alot of good info on most all of them. The fact that a whole lot of Obama supporters cant tell me anything that he plans to do or "change" leads alot of ppl to believe that there is only one other option as to why someone would support this man. I believe that it is a logical assesment of the situation. I dont recall anyone saying that they wouldnt vote for him because of race or vote for Hillary because of her sex. It is soley based on what they are all about and believe in. The fact that there was a certain race in NC that was passing out sample ballots to all of the ppl of that race with all candidates pre chosen by them so that one race would be all the way across the ballot is a fact. This isnt something that someone just made up one night and decided to post up. This happens all over the US as this campaign trail continues. Ppl that base their decisions soley on race or sex shouldnt be voting period.

The reason that the other forums topic got locked is because dracus is an Obama supporter and yes he is white, but he was backed in a corner along with a few more ppl on there that was being asked one or two specific questions and refused to answer them. It was easier for him to just lock the topic and say no more politics on the board than to explain it. He needs to change the anything goes and off topic to something else because it isnt what it seems to be. You are supposed to be able to talk about whatever on there as long as you are not making derrogitory remarks to a person or talking about a race by using certain words that ppl of all races shouldnt even use or just going off the deep end with attacks. I dont recall any of that on there. There have been some ppl that stated that they hate certain races and used certain words that are uncalled for before on there and they were dealt with as they should be. For someone to mention the word black , white or mexican or jew, arab, muslim , etc is not being racist. this is just a word that gets used to describe one or something.

It seems to happen more that ppl think.

On a side note i was in a gas station and i was the only person in there that was "white". I was on the phone with someone and they asked me a question and the answer to the question was 'black'., When i said that pretty much everyone in there looked at me as if i had said a word that i wasnt supposed to. They had no idea what i was talking about whether it be a black car, truck, dog, baseball bat, bird or whatever. It is just the way things are. I continued my conversation and had to tell this story to many ppl. Was i racist for saying that. Nope. Were they racist for looking at me crazy for saying to word black.. naahh but i know what they were thinking. I just laugh about it because stuff like that just happens down here in the south. Im used to it.

I AM RAP7HUNDRED AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

racist
One entry found.

racism 

Main Entry: rac·ism 
Pronunciation: \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
Function: noun
Date: 1933
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
— rac·ist  \-sist also -shist\ noun or adjective
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

Offline DAMONZX12R

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 02:55:17 PM »
Dude you must did not read all the post, but there was one individual that said he would never vote for a BLACK,WOMAN, and esp a black women. That is surely a racist statement. I can care less who anyone votes for, to each his own. If you go and read every post on those topics you will see the comment in question, not sure you may be the one made it. I just dont feel like going back and reading it again. You are absolutely right I see no offense to anyone saying black,white or anything else. I am an educated AA, who owns his own business that is doing very well considering the mess this country is in. If this site allows such dissgracefull comments to go on I'll part ways with it as well.

thank you,
Damon Morgan
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:02:07 PM by DAMONZX12R »
06 RAPTOR 700
GYTR FULL EXHAUST
PC3R
15T
GYTR INTAKE,FILTER
03 ZX12R DRAG BIKE

Offline realdeal

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »
Dude you must did not read all the post, but there was one individual that said he would never vote for a BLACK,WOMAN, and esp a black women. That is surely a racist statement. I can care less who anyone votes for, to each his own. If you go and read every post on those topics you will see the comment in question, not sure you may be the one made it. I just dont feel like going back and reading it again. You are absolutely right I see no offense to anyone saying black,white or anything else. I am an educated AA, who owns his own business that is doing very well considering the mess this country is in.

you are correct.. i remember specifically someone typing that. My bad but as far as all the other stuff that was typed i didnt see anything. Yea we talked about race but there was no negative stuff about it really. That guy typed that early in one of those threads.. Not even sure which one it was though but i remember. I think it went on about 7 or 8 pages afterwards with no more of that nonsense.
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

Offline realdeal

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »
naa i didnt make that statement nor would i ever.. I can think outside of the box and the guy who did say that shouldnt vote anymore than the ones who say that they are voting because obama is black. There is no difference. They are basing their decisions on the color of someone instead of what they are doing.
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

Offline DAMONZX12R

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 03:05:06 PM »
Absolutely, that sort of nonsense just gets under my skin. As much as myself and a lot of others try to get along with everyone, there is always some idiots out there that makes things hard. In my mind we all are people and need to act as such and this world would be much better.  I appologize, and you are absolutely correct I feel the same way.
06 RAPTOR 700
GYTR FULL EXHAUST
PC3R
15T
GYTR INTAKE,FILTER
03 ZX12R DRAG BIKE

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
Glad you guys are communicating about this, and Rap, I don't need a definition of racism, unfortunatly I've seen it first hand.

Aaron

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 03:09:37 PM »
I think there's plenty of people (like myself) that are Democrats and feel Obama's better than Hillary though.. ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »
I like how we can talk about things like this on this site but please remember, we are here for our love of our quads, and the sport in general.  Not for politics.

Aaron

Offline DAMONZX12R

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
Strongly agree, if for some reason she does win I will support her over McCain. I just hope the polls are not accurate about all the voters that will not vote Obama if he is nominee just 'cause he is black. If that happens we as people still have a long long way to go. In the back of my mind I think that is what's going to happen, and we are going to be stuck with Bushs' twin.
06 RAPTOR 700
GYTR FULL EXHAUST
PC3R
15T
GYTR INTAKE,FILTER
03 ZX12R DRAG BIKE

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
I think there's plenty of people (like myself) that are Democrats and feel Obama's better than Hillary though.. ;)

I do want to ask why.  I can't seem to get a clear answer on why people are voting for him.  I hear change....But I want to know.....change what?

And if that change is universal health care (we have so many countries to show why that doesn’t work).  Gun control.  This will just create a black market for the production and distribution of guns.  All the rest of us will turn ours in.  And like the saying goes…..if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them.  There is no way around that.  Removal of Religion.  Stop changing what this country was founded on, that is why people came here.  And since we are in an ATV forum I’m shocked to see so many people backing democrats.  On most atv issues the democrat party is against, weather it is our riding areas or restrictions on our machines.  Let’s just find a way to bring back Regan.  He was loved on both sides of the room.  
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline realdeal

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 03:29:44 PM »
i wont be voting for mccain as long as Barr is still running. I feel that we dont need mommy govnt to take care of us. We are responsible for our own actions and dont need the govnt to tell us how and when and what to do. They have a specific role to play and we dont need them to do anything else. Therefore the libertarian party is what i would fall under
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:33:18 PM by realdeal »
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »
Do you feel though that since the gov't already has their hands in our business that they would back off?

That's where I think we've messed up, and in my opinion I don't think it's reversable :( :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 03:50:34 PM »
Strongly agree, if for some reason she does win I will support her over McCain. I just hope the polls are not accurate about all the voters that will not vote Obama if he is nominee just 'cause he is black. If that happens we as people still have a long long way to go. In the back of my mind I think that is what's going to happen, and we are going to be stuck with Bushs' twin.

My sentiments, exactly.  Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumb
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"