Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: HMF Exhaust ?  (Read 3193 times)

Offline BoisBlancBoy

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
HMF Exhaust ?
« on: May 15, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »
Hey guys I was just reading some stuff over at the "other site" about HMF exhausts and they were saying that you are supposed to move the clip down one position.  Nothing in my instuctions said anything about that, but really the only thing my instructions said was how to mount it, which was a no-brainer anyway, plus it did say in fine print that I would probably have to re-jet.  What do you think?

Offline Limited660

• BANNED
Re: HMF Exhaust ?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »
Moving the clip down would richen it up and that will be fine for you, but if you do put a filter on you definently will need to rejet it.  The exhaust doesnt really affect the flow enough without a filter for the need to be rejetted.

Offline BoisBlancBoy

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:09:26 PM »
Yeah I have a new jets on the way cause I am putting a K&N on it.  But this was the first I have heard about moving the clip, which I dont know anything about.

Offline Limited660

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »
Moving the clip down towards the tip will make the needle shorter meaning it is putting more fuel in earlier because the slide does not have to rise as far to open the needle. I know the 660 carbs have 5 slots each and the DJ jet kit has 6 slots so if you are getting a DJ you will probably be around 4th from top and if its 5 slots probably 4th from top also :thumbs:

Offline BoisBlancBoy

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 03:38:44 PM »
I just ordered two jets, the main and pilot.  Didnt get the kit.

Offline Limited660

• BANNED
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »
Ok, tell me how it goes or if you need any help when your ready to install or have problems with it running.

Offline BoisBlancBoy

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 04:42:30 PM »
Yeah will do!  Thanks   :thumbs:

Offline SUNNY1881

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »
Moving the clip down towards the tip will make the needle shorter meaning it is putting more fuel in earlier because the slide does not have to rise as far to open the needle. I know the 660 carbs have 5 slots each and the DJ jet kit has 6 slots so if you are getting a DJ you will probably be around 4th from top and if its 5 slots probably 4th from top also :thumbs:

Hi guys, I just put a brand new HMF slip-on on my 2004 350 and I did not adjust the clip down one (solely because I have no idea how) but I just wanted to say, so far so good I have not had any issues, it fired right up after install, I rode for about 15 minutes and it ran and idled good. I have no other mods besides the new slip-on I'm bone stock otherwise. So hopefully I do not need to make any other adjustments it seems to be just fine for me. I don't know my sea level, I am in Phoenix, Az. Hope that means or helps any, Sunny!

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 07:03:03 PM »

Hi guys, I just put a brand new HMF slip-on on my 2004 350 and I did not adjust the clip down one (solely because I have no idea how) but I just wanted to say, so far so good I have not had any issues, it fired right up after install, I rode for about 15 minutes and it ran and idled good. I have no other mods besides the new slip-on I'm bone stock otherwise. So hopefully I do not need to make any other adjustments it seems to be just fine for me. I don't know my sea level, I am in Phoenix, Az. Hope that means or helps any, Sunny!

Welcome aboard, if you got any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Aaron

Offline Limited660

• BANNED
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 02:34:59 AM »
Phoenix is 1117 ASL, yours should be fine if you just have pipe on, mine ran fine with my ProCircuit until I put a K&N on it and then it bitched out :grin_nod: so as long as you dont put a filter on, your jetting should be fine, just keep an eye on the sparkplug color :thumbs:

Offline SUNNY1881

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »
Phoenix is 1117 ASL, yours should be fine if you just have pipe on, mine ran fine with my ProCircuit until I put a K&N on it and then it bitched out :grin_nod: so as long as you dont put a filter on, your jetting should be fine, just keep an eye on the sparkplug color :thumbs:

My plug is brand new right now. How often should I check it and what colors am I looking for and what do they tell me as far as adjustments? Any info would be greatful, Thanks, Sunny.

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »
a golden brown color is good, white is lean, black and sooty looking or wet is rich
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock