Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Recommendations Wanted  (Read 4568 times)

Offline gatesnightmare

• Street Cred: 0
Recommendations Wanted
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:54:29 PM »
I bought a 07 350 raptor for my wife to follow me while I ride my dirt bike. I have found that it is fun to ride though. The only down side is its a bit sluggish for my taste. I read the post with the recommended mods. What I am looking for is someone that has theirs modded that does a bit of everything including jumping. I welcome all responses. Please list mods and what they noticed with gains and losses. I don't really want to go into changing compression ratios for I feel it is already a bit too much for my wife. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Offline darkside94

• Street Cred: 3
Re: Recommendations Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:29:14 PM »
Im sorry i dont even own a quad but have done exostential amounts of reading on them
I would go with -
HMF Sport Exhaust you can pick up on ebay for $220
Twin Air Intake you can find for $40-50
And jet it if that is not enough power boost you will have to talk to the other members for further modding
The grammatically challenged's punching bag.

Offline gatesnightmare

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:38:08 PM »
NO PROB darkside I do appreciate the advice. I am not looking for to much gain in power since it is still my wifes. I just dont like when I play on it that it is a little sluggish on the lower end. I was thinking in dropping a tooth on the drive sprocket but dont want to loose the top end speed and the gears are pretty tight as it is already. I was looking toward the slip on exhaust, air cleaner w/o box lid, and jet kit already. Thanks for the advice and looking at the prices already. Lol  :thumbs:

Offline darkside94

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »
Ebay is you friend some awesome deals there  :thumbs:
if you have any other questions im sure at some time i asked the others so whatever you need ill just research my own posts  :lol:
Here ya go
http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=846.0

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
definitley what darkside said, Then if needed change gearing from then there on out.

Offline Bleed_Blue

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:35:26 PM »
2006 WR450,
2006 Raptor 350,
2007 Raptor 700R,
2008 Raptor 700R w/
DynoJet Power Commander,
Pro Design K&N air filter and adaptor,
Outerwears, no lid, White Bros E2.

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 04:59:35 AM »
if ur ridin anything other than tight trails, i wouldnt drop a tooth. it kills top end, i have a 12t on now... if you want low end, the hmf is the way to go, and it sounds and looks great too, and like dark said its only around 220  :thumbs: i love mine

Offline darkside94

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 05:45:28 AM »
Yea the HMF gives good low end and some top end boost too. The low end im sure would be good for your wife because I believe she probably isnt hammering the throttle  :lol:

Offline Kenneth

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 6
  • 270-774-1982
    • KB Motorsports
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 09:57:39 AM »
A smaller front sprocket or larger rear whichever you prefer changing will help it accelerate faster, but your wife will have to shift more often. Depending on her riding abilities she may or may not like that type of change. I'd just get a slip on, filter and drop the clip on the needle one position.  You could always improve the ride quality with a pair of shocks.  :thumbs:

Take Care
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

Offline Oakleynutt

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »
I did what others said. HMF slip on, prodesign air intake with K/N filter with a dial-a-jet kit. This really woke the 350 up. Rode it at the dunes over thanksgiving and it did great. She rode all the big bowls and had a blast.  :clap:

Offline Bleed_Blue

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 07:02:26 AM »
Right on, what dunes?
2006 WR450,
2006 Raptor 350,
2007 Raptor 700R,
2008 Raptor 700R w/
DynoJet Power Commander,
Pro Design K&N air filter and adaptor,
Outerwears, no lid, White Bros E2.

Offline mysteriouswhite

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 10:03:03 AM »
if ur ridin anything other than tight trails, i wouldnt drop a tooth. it kills top end, i have a 12t on now... if you want low end, the hmf is the way to go, and it sounds and looks great too, and like dark said its only around 220  :thumbs: i love mine
I agree, dont drop a tooth its way to low. I tried it, hated it, then when up to a 14 and liked it the best. I ride tight trails and still feel the 14 is the best setup. Id deff pick up a new set of rubbers on that thing too, stock tires suck. Ive always ran maxxis razrs with good results in the woods
04 350, pro design, K&N, big gun, g-force, tag, renthal, AC, DG