Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: parking brake sensor removal  (Read 3371 times)

Offline UncleBeaner

• Original Gangsta
  • Super Chat Moderator
  • Street Cred: 17
  • el oh el
    • Brian'smomhastheclap.com
    • Email
parking brake sensor removal
« on: May 08, 2008, 08:01:14 PM »
Ok, first locate the left headlight, it looks like this.

Take the headlight off and follow the wire from the top of the clutch perch down inside and tug on it while watching the wires, you should see and white plug with 2 wires going into it behind the bracket that supports the radiator. Unplug it, you should now see this. The plug is outlined in yellow and pink.

On my quad, I took the whole wire off the thing.  To do this you need to remove hood, then undo the 2 wire clamps, 1 on handle bars, 1 by steering stem. Now on top of the sensor at the perch, you need to push in a tang and pull at the same time to remove it, now pull it out and put the wire clamps back on and put it all back together.  The wire you took off should look like this.

Your done, enjoy your riding free of engine cutting out.

thanks to limted 660 for this info!!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:33:21 PM by UncleBeaner »
:beans:

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
Re: parking brake sensor removal
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:16:40 AM »
nice....it just happened to me....
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline raptorjim

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 12:22:01 PM »
Hi, could you please explain why its good to remove the parking brake, im not questioning it just that iv heard loads of people talking about it just havent a clue what it does.  ;)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 01:31:48 PM »
Hi, could you please explain why its good to remove the parking brake, im not questioning it just that iv heard loads of people talking about it just havent a clue what it does.  ;)

pb sensor will retard your ignition to below 2500rpm. It will delay timing above that, and it sucks. I removed mine because it was broken, and activating intermittently. (after a rollover)  All you have to do is follow the wire to the plug and remove it. Then seal it from water somehow. Don't connect the two wires together, this closes the circuit, and activates it. :thumbs:

Not really any direct gain from it, just one thing less to go wrong. And weight savings if you remove the pb assembly from the rear brake.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline raptorjim

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 12:38:59 PM »
thanks peels il get it off tonight